Welcome to the Central American Workshop on Advanced Process Control!
This event will be held Wednesday through Friday, February 13, 14 and 15, at the School of Electrical Engineering, University of Costa Rica. This workshop is sponsored by the IEEE Control Systems Society, (CSS).
This 3-days workshop is conceived to provide the opportunities and university resources for professors, graduate students, and advanced process control stakeholders to:
- Understand and appreciate the value of new developments on advanced process control techniques.
- Put in contact vendors and providers of industrial control solutions with academics and graduate students in order to promote the application of the advanced process control perspective.
- Hands-on practice of the presented control concepts through laboratory and interactive activities.
- Technical tours to companies.
- Get familiar with existing industrial control solutions and how they are actually deployed in the
Central American area.
Participant countries: Panama, Honduras, Guatemala, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Costa Rica.
Participant companies: Emerson, Siemens, National Instruments, among others.
- Prof. Sebastian Dormido (UNED, Spain): “Event-based Control”.
- Prof. Antonio Visioli (University of Brescia, Italy): “Fractional Control”.
- Prof. Robin de Keyser (Ghent University, Belgium): “Identification / Autotuning”.
- Prof. Reza Katebi (University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland): “Model Predictive Control”.
* 10 travel grants for students from Central American countries are offered.