TRC is looking for an Electrical Engineer/Antenna Design in Duluth, GA.
Sr. Electrical Engineer (Antenna Designer) is involved in all aspects of antenna engineering from pre-design to production and quality assurance. Designing, developing and testing of antenna related products as polarizers, OMT´s, filters and waveguide components.
- Minimum of Master degree in Electrical Engineering specializing in Electromagnetic Theory and at least fifteen years or more in related field of Reflector Antenna and accessories design.
- Familiar with the design software tools; Matlab, CST, Ticra, Champ and Dorela is a requirement.
- Antenna design – literature studies and electromagnetic simulations, Antenna measurements – instrumentation, measurements and post processing.
- Serve as a hardware architect to capture, analyze, decompose, translate and create requirements for systems of high complexity including clean sheet designs.
- Collaborate with systems and mechanical engineers to develop functional, interface and performance specifications for hardware implementation. Identify and document architecturally significant requirements and technical risk areas.
- Serve as hardware test lead in integration, verification and validation for products and sub-systems of high complexity including clean sheet designs.
- Lead technical proposal preparations and participate as a subject matter expert in internal design, non-advocate, and customer reviews. Assure that development products are designed to meet the applicable, Business Unit, and Customer/Project requirements.
- Estimate, track, manage and report status relating to technical, cost, schedule, design-to-cost and risk performance for assigned scope of work which may span across multiple disciplines or multiple design projects.
- Develop and/or utilize prognostic metrics to improve efficiency in hardware design and development. Review metrics and hardware defects trends, identify systemic root causes and process improvements. Recommend new approaches, tools and techniques that drive continuous improvement in hardware development process.
- Considered an expert on company, industry practices and standards. Be aware of emerging industry trends relative to new board technologies and fabrication processes. Lead Continuous Improvement projects that result in new approaches and techniques to product development.
- Significant domain knowledge and knowledge of products and systems across business segments.