IEEE Help Needed — Science Event
The IEEE Atlanta Section is hosting a Family Science Night at an Mimosa Elementary School (1550 Warsaw Rd, Roswell) on Jan 31, 2013. They have 26 confirmed speakers/session, but need to add 6 more sessions/speakers and some backup speakers. This covers all areas of science, not just EE-related fields. The goal is to provide a fun, hands-on experience with science. See the list below of the sessions that are already scheduled.
Information from the coordinator, Melody Richardson:
As a guest science instructor, you will lead three identical thirty-minute sessions with families that have pre-registered. Sessions begin at 6:30 p.m. and end at 8:10 p.m. You can select your topic and determine the presentation of the content. Or, if you want to lead one of our “stock” activities, I can forward the instructions and description of the activity and will have the supplies waiting in your classroom at FSN.
A few details about sessions:
- We can restrict your sessions to whatever grade levels you choose
- Your sessions will typically have 25-30 kids and parents
- We will match your session needs to the appropriate classroom
- The children do the activity with their family, so there will be an adult there to guide them along
- We plan to have translators in each classroom to help the ESL families
If you are interested in becoming a FSN volunteer or have any questions, please contact Melody Richardson @ Richardson.Melody@gmail.com or 678-429-1858.
Thank you so much for all your help,
If you can make yourself available to help out with this great event, I’m sure you will enjoy it!
Please share this with anyone/everyone else who may be interested. Please direct all questions to Melody.
IEEE Atlanta Section Chair