IEEE Central Coast News Volume 4, Number 1 (Fall 2002)
IEEE Central Coast News
Volume 4, Number 1
The Official Publication of the Central Coast Section of the Los Angeles Council, The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. Find us on the Web at:http://www.ieee.org/central_coast
Get all the latest LA area news at the IEEE Los Angeles Council Electronic Bulletin
IEEE Meetings Scheduled
The IEEE Central Coast Section (CCS) meets at 7 pm on the first Tuesday of every month, October through June, on the campus of the California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, Building 20, Room 206. Currently scheduled speakers are as follows:
October 1: Gary Dove, President of Dove Systems in San Luis Obispo, will speak on “Electic Car Conversion”.
November 5: David Dickey, President of Empire R&D is San Luis Obispo, will speak on “Inspiration and Perspiration – Life as an Electronics Inventor”.
If you would like to address a future meeting, please contact Bill Ahlgren (firstname.lastname@example.org). We would be very happy to put you on our schedule. Dates currently open for the 2002-2003 year are December 3, January 7, February 4, March 4, May 6, and June 3.
Call for new Central Coast Section Officers & ExCom Members
The IEEE Central Coast Section (CCS) has over 1000 members spread over Vandenberg, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo County. The purpose of the CCS is to promote the engineering process of creating, developing, integrating, sharing, and applying knowledge about electro and information technologies and sciences for the benefit of humanity and the profession.
As an important part of our section, we rely on our members to contribute either their resources or time to make the CCS a success. The forthcoming CCS election is scheduled for November. We are seeking nominees for the Officer positions. In addition, the CCS is also seeking volunteers for the Executive Committee (ExCom).
The current CCS Officers are:
- Section Chair: Johan (Hans) Van Tilburg Serves as Chair for the Executive Committee and all Section meetings.
- Vice Chair Finance (Treasurer): John Armstrong Keeps financial records and submits the Financial Operations Report.
- Vice Chair Administration (Secretary): William (Bill) Ahlgren Keeps a membership database (in cooperation with Admin Support), mails notices to the membership, and submits meeting reports.
- Professional Activities Committee for Engineers (PACE) Chair: Vacant Disseminates information on the services provided by the IEEE-USA.
- Computer Chapter Chair: John Armstrong Chairs chapter meetings and is a member of the Computer Society.
In addition to the CCS Officers, other CCS ExCom members are:
- Past Section Chair: Marty Kaliski
- Student Activities: David Braun
- SLO Member at Large: Dattatraya (Datta) Paranjpe
- Vandenberg Member at Large: Waldemar (Wally) Kammer
- Santa Barbara Member at Large: Vacant
- Administrative Support: Stephanie Allen
- Newsletter Editor: Vacant Solicits and collects articles and information of interest to the CCS members for the Central Coast newsletter (in cooperation with Admin Support).
- Website Editor: Vacant Keeps the CCS website up-to-date (in cooperation with Admin support).
- Program Coordinator: Vacant Schedules and coordinates the speakers for the CCS technical meetings. The Program Coordinator also ensures that the meeting information (e.g., title and abstract of the speaker’s topic) is published on time (in cooperation with Admin Support).
The last three positions have been recently created.
We are seeking volunteers to run for all the vacant and officer’s positions. The term of office for elected officers is one year. The closing date for officer nominations is October 31, 2002.
To volunteer for any of the vacant positions, or to serve on the ExCom in an appointed position, contact one of the following ExCom members:
- John Armstrong , email@example.com, (805) 541-5702
- Hans Van Tilburg, firstname.lastname@example.org, (805) 748-4431
- Bill Ahgren, email@example.com, (805) 756-2309
- Wally Kammer, firstname.lastname@example.org, (805) 606-8000
- Dattatraya (Datta) Paranjpe, DxP1@pge.com, (805) 545-4114
IEEE Central Coast News is published sporadically by the Central Coast Section of Region 6, The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. in San Luis Obispo, California. Inquiries, comments and submissions may be e-mailed to Stephanie Allen email@example.com or mailed to the address below. Circulation: 1,017
IEEE Central Coast Section
c/o Bill Ahgren, Section Secretary
Cal Poly State University
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407
- Contact Us
- Events & Activities
- Alternative Computing with Memristors
- Past Events
- 2019 Professional Event
- Computer vision, deep learning and big data Presentation
- Future Power Efficient Hardware Accelerator Presentation
- Monte Carlo Presentation
- NEWC Banquet
- Spring Bash @The Upham !
- The Big Bang Presentation
- The DARKNESS Camera Presentation
- The Technology Literacy Presentation
- UCSB Robotics Presentation
- vTools and MD Meeting
- Join IEEE
- IEEE Central Coast News Volume 1, Number 1 (Summer 1999)
- IEEE Central Coast News Volume 1, Number 2 (Fall 1999)
- IEEE Central Coast News Volume 1, Number 3 (Winter 2000)
- IEEE Central Coast News Volume 2, Number 1 (Summer 2000)
- IEEE Central Coast News Volume 2, Number 2 (Fall 2000)
- IEEE Central Coast News Volume 2, Number 3 (Winter 2001)
- IEEE Central Coast News Volume 2, Number 4 (Spring 2001)
- IEEE Central Coast News Volume 4, Number 1 (Fall 2002)