If you are having trouble reading this message, click here for the web version.
Hello! We’d like to inform you of four IEEE Charlotte upcoming events (instructions on how to RSVP are at the end of the page):
1) US FIRST Volunteer – Wed Nov 2nd
- Charlotte area High School students build robots to compete in the FIRST Robotics Competition. Mentors are needed! Come find out more at the multi-team robot building and testing facility near CLT airport.
2) The IEEE disaster relief vehicle (MOVE) – Introduction and Vehicle Tour – Thu Nov 10th
- IEEE-USA and the American Red Cross are partnering on the MOVE Community Outreach program to provide short-term communications and power solutions after natural disasters and infrastructure failures. Services will include cell phone charging, communication of real-time information and Internet access for the public. Volunteer IEEE engineers and technologists, through a specially constructed Mobile Outreach VEhicle (MOVE), will travel to disaster zones to offer the know-how and technology to provide rechargeable power banks, real-time survivor information and Wi-Fi until regular electricity and data services can be restored. Come learn about this exiting member-lead initiative and tour the vehicle!
3) A Tour of the City of Concord Signals & Telecom Infrastructure Center – Tue Dec 6th
- This tour will highlight the City of Concord Signals and Traffic Management facilities. These facilities include the Signals shop where you will see everything from a Traffic Signal Control cabinet to the newest model of remote camera trailer from ASTI. The technicians will guide you through a Traffic Signal Cabinet layout and operations along with explaining the role of the functional devices. They will also show you how a state of the art fiber trailer looks like and will give you a demo of how fusion splicing works. The engineer will show you how the central Traffic Management Software system as well as explain the NCDOT and City of Concord network structure. The city of Concord is distinctive in that it owns and operates a fiber network that connects its governmental entities and the NCDOT assets in the area.
4) UNC-Charlotte Senior Design Expo – Fri Dec 9th
- The UNC Charlotte Lee College of Engineering’s senior design program brings together students and industrial partners in a collaborative research environment. As they tackle real-world engineering projects, the engineering students and their industry sponsors are afforded unlimited possibilities for learning and achievement.
We use the online community Meetup to schedule and RSVP all of our events within IEEE Charlotte. We encourage you to register for our Meetup group here: http://www.meetup.com/IEEECharlotte/ so that you can RSVP for and learn details about all of our events.
We have some other events in the planning and will update you when they are finalized.