Awards and Recognition
Achievements and work products of members of the Chattanooga Section of IEEE
- 9,459,600. Method and automation system for processing information extractable from an engineering drawing file using information modeling and correlations to generate output data. Brian Huffine.
- 9,734,684. Perimeter monitoring using autonomous drones. Donald Bryson.
- 8,495,086. Verifying licenses of musical recordings with multiple soundtracks. Donald Bryson
- 8,745,000. Private database logging with minimal storage requirements. Donald Bryson
Pending Patent Applications
- Portable Time Structures. Dr Dobb’s. Donald Bryson
- Statistics in Java: If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. Dr Dobb’s. Donald Bryson
- Problem Solving with sar. SysAdm. Donald Bryson
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles
- Assessment of the Impact of GMD on the TVA 500-kV Grid and Power Transformers – Part I:GIC Modelling and Initial Studies – Gary Kobet and Ian Grant
- Assessment of the Impact of GMD on the TVA 500-kV Grid and Power Transformers – Part II: Magnetic and Thermal Capability of Paradise and Bull Run Transformers and Effects on System Performance– Gary Kobet, Ian Grant, and Greg Goza
- TVA’s Regenesys energy storage project. Ian Grant and J. Hoagland
- Challenges of implementing substation hardware upgrades for NERC CIP version 5 compliance to enhance cybersecurity. J Matt Cole.
- Challenges of Implementing Substation Hardware Upgrades for Enhanced Cybersecurity. J Matt Cole
- Limitations of Steady-State Unbalanced Load Flow Software for Analysis of Induction Motor Behavior During Voltage Unbalance Conditions. J Matt Cole, M. D. URBINA, A. J. ALLEN, and E. M. HOPE.
- Applying NERC CIP Standards to Power Distribution Utility Control Centers to Enhance Cybersecurity within a SMART and Automated Environment. J Matt Cole and N Wallace.
- Cybersecurity Challenges of Implementing IEC-61850 for Automation between the Smart Distribution Control Center and the Substation. J Matt Cole and Matt LaCourt.