Greetings, IEEE Dayton Section Members!
The Dayton Section is soliciting your recommendations for the following Executive Officer positions in 2016:
- Dayton Section Chair
- Dayton Section Vice Chair
- Dayton Section Secretary
- Dayton Section Treasurer
The terms of office shall be for two years starting on January 1, 2016. An individual must be of Member grade or higher or a Graduate Student Member to be eligible to hold elected office. Any member eligible to vote in the Dayton Section elections may nominate an individual for office, and nominating yourself for an office is strongly encouraged. Any individual nominated for office should be willing to serve for the full 2 years; we therefore recommend discussing the nomination with the individual prior to submission. The duties for each position are defined in the MGA Operations Manual, which may be found at the IEEE website (https://ieee-elearning.org/CLE/), but a brief summary is also included below.
Here are some important dates for this nominations and elections process:
- The call for nominations starts the week of January 15 and closes March 14.
- From 15 Mar – 14 Apr Nominations are vetted by nomination committee and bios collected
- From 15 Apr – 31 May Candidate bios are available for review on Dayton section website
- The voting starts 1 June and closes 15 June.
- The 2016 Executive Officers will be announced by 1 August 2015.
Please submit all nominations by sending an email to email@example.com. You may send an email to this same address if you have any questions regarding the annual nomination/election process.
Section Chair/Vice Chair *
- Presides at meetings of the Section and the Section Executive Committee.
- Operates the Section to maximize satisfaction of Section member needs with the resources available.
- Develops and presents plans for meeting members needs to the Executive Committee for review.
- Identifies appropriate volunteers and presents their appointments to the Executive Committee for review.
- Prepares an annual report of Section Activities for submission to the Region.
- Represents the Section at all appropriate IEEE gatherings.
* The Section Vice Chair fulfills the duties of the Chair in his or her absence, and assists and supports the Chair as required/assigned.
- Accurately maintains financial records for Section.
- Maintains bank accounts of Section funds.
- Prepares the annual budget for submission to the Section Executive Committee.
- Makes disbursements in accordance with the approved budget.
- Refers expenses outside the budget to the Section Chair for action.
- Ensures that all Section expenditures and disbursements are made in accordance with IEEE policy.
- Prepares financial reports for the Section Chair, Section Executive Committee and Regional Director.
- Submits annual report of financial activity to the IEEE Operations Center and provides follow-up where necessary to confirm that the report has been approved.
- Accurately records minutes of all Section meetings.
- Distributes agenda and meeting notices for all Section meetings.
- Reports all Section and subunit meetings to the IEEE Regional Activities Department using the proper forms.
- Notifies the IEEE Regional Activities Department of all changes in Section and subunit Officers.
We look forward to hearing from you!