CALL FOR PAPERS
Special Issue of the
IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation
Vacuum Insulation, Fundamentals and Applications
SubmissionDeadline – 1 March 2015
PublicationDate February 2016
We are pleased to announce that the February 2016 issue of the IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation (TDEI) will be a special issue on Vacuum Insulation, Fundamentals and Applications. This issue is open to all authors including presenters of papers at the 26th International Symposium on “Discharges and Electrical Insulation in Vacuum (ISDEIV 2014) held on 28 September – 3 October 2014 in Mumbai India who are especially encouraged to submit their work to this special issue. Topics include, but are not restricted to:
A: Breakdown and Flashover
1. Vacuum breakdown and pre-breakdown phenomena
2. Surface discharges and flashover phenomena
3. RF breakdown and multifactoring phenomena
4. High field effects in micro electro-mechanical systems and nano-structures
1. Switching in vacuum and related phenomena
2. Interaction of vacuum arcs with magnetic field
3. Vacuum arc physics
4. Computer modeling and computer aided design
5. Pulse power physics and technology
1. Vacuum interrupter sand their applications
2. Deposition of coatings by vacuum arc plasmas and related technologies
3. Electron, ion, neutron, X-ray and other beam and light sources
4. Accelerators and fusion reactor related issues
5. Space related technologies
6. Vacuum arc melting and degassing
In accordance with IEEE policy, papers that have been published in any conference proceedings cannot be republished. Therefore, authors of the ISDEIV 2014 proceedings are strongly advised to significantly expand and enhance their conference paper versions prior to submission to this Special Issue of the IEEE TDEI. All submitted papers will automatically be checked using Cross Check software for plagiarism including self-plagiarism. Authors are invited to submit their papers to the Guest Editor of the Special at the TDEI website (http://www.cloznet.com/ieeetdei). Please make sure to follow very closely the template which could be found on the Submission page of TDEI or directly from
http://www.cloznet.com/ieeetdei/TDEI%20Template.doc. All papers will undergo a standard peer-review process typical for all IEEE Transactions and Journals. Submissions should be marked during the submission process as special issue contributions by selecting the “Guest Editor” link and choosing the guest editor for this issue.
Questions concerning this Special Issue may be directed to the Guest Editor, Mr. S. Gupta, or to the Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, Professor Reuben Hackam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mr. Shrikrishna Gupta
Scientific Officer (H+), Head, FOTIA Section.
Ion Accelerator Development Division, BARC,
Mumbai 400085, India.
Phone: +91-22-25593592, Fax: +91-22-25505151