2013 IAS Outstanding Large Joint Chapter Award – May 22, 2013
2013 IAS OUTSTANDING LARGE JOINT CHAPTER AWARD WINNER
Roger Lawrence, PES/IAS Chapter Chair, IEEE Eastern North Carolina Section
Zhi Gao, PES/IAS Chapter Vice Chair and Webmaster (2012), IEEE Eastern North Carolina Section
The IEEE Eastern North Carolina Section (ENCS) Power & Energy/Industry Applications Society (PES/IAS) Joint Chapter has been selected by the IAS Chapters and Membership Development (CMD) Department as winner of the 2013 IAS Outstanding Large Joint Chapter Award.
In selecting award recipients, the IAS CMD Awards Committee considered IAS chapters with outstanding performance based on the following criteria:
- Continuous technical, educational, administrative, membership development
- Communications and public relations activity
- Exceptional managerial and leadership achievement
- Implementation of innovative new Chapter programs
- Dedication to the growth and advancement of the Chapter’s membership and/or its Section and/or its Society/ies
- Fulfilling all requirements of reporting to Sections and the IEEE Member and Geographic Activities (MGA) Department
The IEEE ENCS PES/IAS Joint Chapter is proud to be recognized by the IAS CMD Department from a total of 188 IAS chapters worldwide for Chapter’s outstanding performance and achievements in 2012. Established on 7 April 1975, the Chapter currently has close to 500 member, and serves IEEE members and the general public in the Research Triangle and its neighborhood.
The Chapter Administrative Committee would like thank all Chapter volunteers and supporters for their dedications and contributions to the Chapter. The Award will be presented at the President’s Banquet of the 2013 IEEE IAS Annual Meeting in Orlando, Florida, 6-11 October 2013.
With this Award, the Chapter is looking forward to attracting more talents, and building an open and collaborative environment that adapts to the continuing technological and social changes for IEEE members and the general public in the Research Triangle and its neighborhood.
Please click here for a copy of the official announcement from the IEEE IAS CMD Department.