Post-doc position in Causal Inference for Geosciences [ERC project]
We are searching for outstanding postdoc candidates with a strong
interest in machine learning and geosciences to cover a post-doc
position in the Image and Signal Processing (ISP) group in the
Universitat de Valencia, Spain, http://isp.uv.es. The position is
fully funded by an ERC Consolidator Grant 2015-2020 entitled
“Statistical Learning for Earth Observation Data Analysis” (SEDAL),
http://isp.uv.es/sedal.html, under the direction of Prof. Gustau
*** The project and job description
This particular position is focused on learning causal models to
explain complex interactions in essential climate variables and remote
sensing observations, and discover hidden essential drivers and
confounding factors in Climate/Geo Sciences applications.
Highly motivated researchers with a PhD degree in computer science,
statistics, machine learning, electrical engineering, physics, or
mathematics are encouraged to apply. All candidates should have a
solid understanding and knowledge of machine learning and statistics,
and being particularly interested in remote sensing and/or geoscience
problems. Good programming skills (Matlab/Python/R/C++), a critical
and organized sense for data analysis, as well as commitment, strong
communication, presentation and writing skills are a big plus.
*** Application details
– Deadline: Send your application as soon as possible. Positions will
be filled as soon as we have the right candidate!
– How? Send me: 2-pages CV, and a list of your 3 most representative papers
– Who: PhD in maths, physics, machine learning, or related disciplines. Also, we care about the gender issue!
– How long? 1+1 years contract
– How much? Salary according to UV scales including social security, health insurance benefits, and travel money
– Where? Valencia, Spain, Mediterranean city, nice weather, hike and beach. Excellent cost-of-living index = 55
Prof. Gustau Camps-Valls
Image Processing Laboratory (IPL)
Universitat de València
Tlf: +34 963 544 064