eNotice is an email subscription service that has been developed for IEEE organizational units to facilitate the email distribution of newsletters, meeting notices and IEEE conference materials.
The source of email addresses for eNotice is the IEEE Membership Database, new members are automatically added, members who move to a new Section are automatically moved, and past members are excluded. eNotice is GDPR compliant in that it is a service for IEEE members only and is used to distribute IEEE information. eNotice honors member email preferences and each message sent gives a member the opportunity to opt-out.
IEEE volunteers may only send email messages to members within their organizational unit.
Most message can be sent through “Express eNotice” which is:
- Self Service
- No staff intervention
- Sent within two hoursExceptions will be processed by staff. These include:
- Special requests
- Included attachments*
Volunteers with automatic access to eNotice include:
- Region Directors
- Section Executive Committee Members, Newsletter Editors, Webmasters, MD Chairs
- Chapter Chairs, Affiity Group Chairs and designated eNotice Coordinators
- Student Branch Chairs and Counselors
- HKN Chapter officers
- Authorized Society volunteers (coming 1 June 2018)