Job Alert Disclaimer: The IEEE Houston Section is posting the Job Alert as a courtesy. We take no additional rights, privileges, responsibilities, or actions for this published information. We encourage all applicants to do their due diligence when sharing personal information. See our IEEE Job Site Supplemental Terms and Conditions of Use for Employers and for Job Seekers. for additional information.
Jacobs Technology is the advanced technology arm of Jacobs Engineering (NYSE:JEC), one of the largest engineering and technical service companies in the United States. Jacobs has partnered with NASA to support space flight programs for more than 40 years and held the predecessor Engineering and Science Contract (ESC) since 2005. We look forward to continuing that work as the prime contractor for the JSC Engineering, Technology, and Science (JETS) contract along with our eleven teammate companies to provide engineering, scientific and technical contract services at NASA’s Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX). JETS provides products and technical services related to human operations in space through development and integration of a broad spectrum of engineering requirements. This includes human spacecraft flight and flight development products, human exploration mission planning for NASA, institution support services, and new technology development. At Jacobs, we believe that people are our greatest asset, and that is why we offer a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally with the advantages of strong leadership, competitive compensation and rewarding career paths.
Our long-term client relationship with NASA has led to a need for a Communication Systems Engineer.
The Communication Systems Engineer will:
- Determine the performance of Radio Frequency (RF) communication links and create link budgets using analytical methods or by applying analysis and simulation tools.
- Perform Radio Frequency interference and compatibility analysis for Space based communication systems.
- Perform spectrum management & coordination tasks for RF systems and interface with other NASA centers and federal agencies to resolve spectrum issues.
- Perform data reductions, analyze, and document results for presentation to customers.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and ten (10) years of direct engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and eight (8) years of direct engineering experience, or Ph.D. and four (4) years of direct engineering experience.
- High knowledge of digital communications, RF system analysis, FEC coding, and communications engineering.
- In depth understanding of communication systems such as phase modulation, spread spectrum, signal detection, signal and interference analysis, baseband filtering, data formatting etc.
- Knowledge of spectrum regulations, regulatory approval process, radio frequency compatibility/interference assessment.
- Familiar with antennas, antenna polarization, power spectral density & spectral roll-off, Power flux density, Noise density and CCSDS standards
- Familiar with analysis software such as Matlab and Simulink.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance required.
Why Work for JETS?
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Benefits Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now! (http://www.wehavespaceforyou.com/)
- Must be a U.S. citizen, and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task. (100%)
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs (5% of time). Must have sufficient mobility to enter test facilities, or enter confined spaces as necessary (5% of time).
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.) (100%)
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required. (100%)
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
To the best of my knowledge, I meet the requirements to successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.