IEEE GCET SB took an initiative to enhance skills and knowledge of their students in the field of Web Development and as its result they initiated SIG on bootstrap and WordPress. After successfully organising first workshop on Web Development series in July, 2016, IEEE GCET SB came with a two day SIG on ‘Bootstrap and WordPress’ on 15th and 16th February, 2017 at GCET. Continue reading GCET SBC: Web-Design SIG→
DATE-: 20-23 FEBRUARY , 2017 VENUE-: GCET, V.V.NAGAR
Arduino is a computer hardware and software company, project and user community that designs and manufactures microcontroller kits for building digital devices and interactive objects that can sense and control objects in the physical world. Continue reading GCET SBC: Workshop on Arduino→
• The event was a six hour workshop encompassing various aspects of SQL organised on Sunday by IEEE IAS SB,PDPU.
• To give insights of SQL so students can perform various task efficiently.,i.e handling of data, various statistical methods and analysis of problem.
• Time – 9:00 AM to 04:00 PM
• Venue – CP lab 2.
• The event was a six hour workshop sectioned into two sessions on Saturday which was fully conducted by the technical team of IEEE IAS.
• The workshop was being conducted in which practical as well as theory very taken simultaneously.
• In first session, basic structure of SQL with the terminologies and formulas were taught to feed into to the software along with their basic operation.
• In second session, sorting queries by various parameters, merging databases and conditional search were covered.
• There were 45 students who attended the workshop and got acquainted to MySQL.
DISCUSSION SESSION ON “COSMIC EVOLUTION”
ABOUT THE EVENT:
The event commenced by Dhaval Patel, the moderator for the evening started with the discussion by showing the audience videos and animation clips to warm up the audience mentally, to make them picture the concepts better.
The discussion spread out to topics like paradoxes, several theories of universe formation and the moderator guided the discussion to step by step understanding of stars- their birth, formation, death, supernova and a number of related topics.
Audience was instigated to counter and debate among themselves on the theories of cosmic evolution.
Subjects like time travel, intergalactic travel, possible human existence on other planet and alien life was also discussed and successfully concluded with a consensus among the audience and the moderator.
The Basic Telescope Making Workshop gave an insight about the different types of telescopes and their mounts to the participants. The knowledge about telescopes was shared with the participants and was supported with a background of PowerPoint presentation, helping the participants understand the concepts easily, with the help of pictures. Continue reading PDPU SBC: Basic Telescope Making Workshop→