MINI PROJECT DISPLAY COMPETITION
22N FEBRUARY 2016
Department of Electronics and Communication of GCET College came up with an idea to organize a mini project display competition for EC 2nd Year students. Continue reading GCET SBC: PROJECT DISPLAY COMPETITION
WEB DESIGN SIG
IEEE GCET SB took an initiative to enhance skills and knowledge of their students in the field of Web Development and as its result they initiated SIG on bootstrap and WordPress. After successfully organising first workshop on Web Development series in July, 2016, IEEE GCET SB came with a two day SIG on ‘Bootstrap and WordPress’ on 15th and 16th February, 2017 at GCET. Continue reading GCET SBC: Web-Design SIG
INDUSTRIAL VISIT AT
SARDAR SAROVAR NARMADA NIGAM
Details of visit:
Date: 22/02/2017 Arrival time: 6:30 AM Departure time: 5:30 PM
Place: Sardar Sarovar Dam, Kevadiya Colony
Faculty Coordinator: Prof. Chintan Patel and Prof. Sumit Rathor
Student: Total 66 numbers of Students, Students of 2nd year Electrical Engineering
Continue reading GCET SBC: Industrial Visit
Hands on workshop on arduino
DATE-: 20-23 FEBRUARY , 2017
VENUE-: GCET, V.V.NAGAR
Arduino is a computer hardware and software company, project and user community that designs and manufactures microcontroller kits for building digital devices and interactive objects that can sense and control objects in the physical world. Continue reading GCET SBC: Workshop on Arduino
EVENT DATE: 1st October, 2016, Sunday
• The event was a six hour workshop encompassing various aspects of SQL organised on Sunday by IEEE IAS SB,PDPU.
• To give insights of SQL so students can perform various task efficiently.,i.e handling of data, various statistical methods and analysis of problem.
• Time – 9:00 AM to 04:00 PM
• Venue – CP lab 2.
• The event was a six hour workshop sectioned into two sessions on Saturday which was fully conducted by the technical team of IEEE IAS.
• The workshop was being conducted in which practical as well as theory very taken simultaneously.
• In first session, basic structure of SQL with the terminologies and formulas were taught to feed into to the software along with their basic operation.
• In second session, sorting queries by various parameters, merging databases and conditional search were covered.
• There were 45 students who attended the workshop and got acquainted to MySQL.
EVENT DATE: 10th and 11th Sept. 2016
This workshop was held with aim to teach the students the basics of the most basic computer language and introduce many of them to the world of C++.
Continue reading PDPU SBC: C++ Workshop
DISCUSSION SESSION ON “COSMIC EVOLUTION”
ABOUT THE EVENT:
- The event commenced by Dhaval Patel, the moderator for the evening started with the discussion by showing the audience videos and animation clips to warm up the audience mentally, to make them picture the concepts better.
- The discussion spread out to topics like paradoxes, several theories of universe formation and the moderator guided the discussion to step by step understanding of stars- their birth, formation, death, supernova and a number of related topics.
- Audience was instigated to counter and debate among themselves on the theories of cosmic evolution.
- Subjects like time travel, intergalactic travel, possible human existence on other planet and alien life was also discussed and successfully concluded with a consensus among the audience and the moderator.
Continue reading PDPU SBC: DISCUSSION SESSION ON “COSMIC EVOLUTION”
Basic Telescope Making Workshop
ABOUT THE EVENT:
The Basic Telescope Making Workshop gave an insight about the different types of telescopes and their mounts to the participants. The knowledge about telescopes was shared with the participants and was supported with a background of PowerPoint presentation, helping the participants understand the concepts easily, with the help of pictures. Continue reading PDPU SBC: Basic Telescope Making Workshop
How Stuff Works ? Session 2 Smart grids
Name of Event: How Stuff Works 2.0 –Smart grids
Date of Event: April 1st, 2016 (Friday)
1. Shubhum Paranjapee
2. Avni Sharma
Continue reading PDPU SBC: How Stuff Works? Session 2 on Smart grids
Name of event : Power Quiz
Date of Event: November 15th,2016(Tuesday)
1. Abhijeet Sodha
2. Kaustubh Sadekar
Continue reading PDPU SBC: POWER QUIZ