INTRODUCTION:Code War is a coding competition based on C/C++ and Java environment. of the coding round will be on the campus.
MOTIVE:The main motive of the event was to focus on the logical skills of the participants, and their ability to simulate a perfect code for the assigned task and also check knowledge and command over these languages. Continue reading Code War→
Game of Lines was an event organized by IEEE IAS SB, PDPU on 3rd Feb 2018 outside E-Foyer of our campus. The event got many entries and it made the event a huge success.
TASK: In this event, participants had the challenge to make a line follower bot which will follow only the black lines in the white spaces of the track. Contestants had to complete the course in the shortest period while accurately tracking the course line from start to finish to crown their bot as the winner.Continue reading Code of Lines→
OBJECTIVES: The event was again specifically aimed for the recently admitted fresher’s (although it was an “open for all” event) with the primary aim of teaching students on what materials to choose andhow to plan, design and build wired robots as well as how to construct, connect and use DPDT switches with the respective bots.Continue reading Basic Robotics Workshop→
IEEE IAS SB, PDPU, which workstowards the better utilization of the huge reservoir of knowledge that the world fraternity possesses, including the faculties, students, research scholars, etc. by organizing workshops, competitions, industrial visits, expert lectures, seminars and interactive informal sessions, organized a expert talk on Induction Motors, as a part of the Academic Skill development program. The event was aimed at improving the understanding of students from the basic to the highest level of the induction motor which is used in the industry the most.Continue reading ACADEMIC SKILL DEVELOPMENT→
• The event was a six hour workshop encompassing various aspects of SQL organised on Sunday by IEEE IAS SB,PDPU.
• To give insights of SQL so students can perform various task efficiently.,i.e handling of data, various statistical methods and analysis of problem.
• Time – 9:00 AM to 04:00 PM
• Venue – CP lab 2.
• The event was a six hour workshop sectioned into two sessions on Saturday which was fully conducted by the technical team of IEEE IAS.
• The workshop was being conducted in which practical as well as theory very taken simultaneously.
• In first session, basic structure of SQL with the terminologies and formulas were taught to feed into to the software along with their basic operation.
• In second session, sorting queries by various parameters, merging databases and conditional search were covered.
• There were 45 students who attended the workshop and got acquainted to MySQL.
DISCUSSION SESSION ON “COSMIC EVOLUTION”
ABOUT THE EVENT:
The event commenced by Dhaval Patel, the moderator for the evening started with the discussion by showing the audience videos and animation clips to warm up the audience mentally, to make them picture the concepts better.
The discussion spread out to topics like paradoxes, several theories of universe formation and the moderator guided the discussion to step by step understanding of stars- their birth, formation, death, supernova and a number of related topics.
Audience was instigated to counter and debate among themselves on the theories of cosmic evolution.
Subjects like time travel, intergalactic travel, possible human existence on other planet and alien life was also discussed and successfully concluded with a consensus among the audience and the moderator.
The Basic Telescope Making Workshop gave an insight about the different types of telescopes and their mounts to the participants. The knowledge about telescopes was shared with the participants and was supported with a background of PowerPoint presentation, helping the participants understand the concepts easily, with the help of pictures. Continue reading PDPU SBC: Basic Telescope Making Workshop→