Humanitarian Technology Project/Activities for IEEE R10 Sections
Humanitarian Technology Committee encourage you to have Humanitarian Technology activities in your section and invite you to apply for funding through an on-line application, which can be accessed through the following link.
Terms and Conditions
1. Funding for a particular section is limited to a maximum of US$250, the remaining fund if required can be availed from IEEE Organizational Unit (OU). Since funding is limited, a selection panel will review all proposals and select few based on the quality of your proposal.
2. Mandatory requirement: Policy of Section matching fund:
For Large Section, R10 will cover up to 50% of the total expenses
For Medium Section, R10 will cover up to 75% of the total expenses
For Small Section, and R10 will cover 100% of the total expenses
· Community Engagement Workshop with at-least 60% attendance from community people in the event.
· SIGHT Summit(s)
· Workshops/Technical Sessions on topics such as Social Entrepreneurship, Social Innovation, Humanitarian Technology, Disaster Management Technologies etc.
· Student contests such as Solar Lamp design contest, green energy project exhibition etc.
· Educational Workshop for local farmers, fishermen or community people etc.
· Basic Health related projects for underserved communities
· Other than mentioned above, must be prior approval from HTA Committee.
4. Grant amount should be expensed upon
· Project/Activity Material Costs
· Event space/hall/location rental charges
5. Recipient of support fund should submit activity reports and expense reports within 1 month after completion of the project(s).
6. The selected project/activity shall be submitted detailed report to R10 Newsletter.
· Call for Proposals Initiated: 17th April 2017
· Deadline for Proposals: 26th May 2017
· Selected Project Announced: 6th June 2017
· Project Implementation Phase: 8th June 2017 to 27th October 2017
· Amounts Reimbursed: By 30 November 2017
R10 Humanitarian Technology Activities Coordinator