IEEE India Council and Google is set to launch the Applied Computer Science Program with Android which envisions to help university student understand and apply computer science concepts using the android platform. The details about the program can be seen here.
The program which will commence in the Last week of July is in its structural phase and thus invites student branches from across the nation to participate in organizing this extensively beneficial manifestation.
- As in initial phase, the workshop will be organized in 100 Student Branches across the country. Hence, only 10-12 Students branches from each section can organize the event.
- Every Student Branch willing to run this program has to nominate a facilitator from their college. A facilitator is a person who shall be taken on board by IEEE team and will be trained by Google & IEEE to run the program in their campus. The person in turn would conduct sessions in his/her Student Branch according to the specified norms. The profile and eligibility criteria for a facilitator can be found in this document.
- A minimum of 50 students has to be trained under this initiative. If a SB is unable to fulfill the above requirement, then two-three SBs in vicinity can collaborate to organize it.
- This program is free of cost & open for all IEEE members (Student/YP/ WIE/GSM) willing to learn and expand their domains.
Procedure for Student Branches to participate:
- The Student Branch should first recognize a facilitator from their institution.
- The details of the facilitator who fulfills the mentioned criteria should be filled in the format as mentioned in this nomination form.
- This nomination form should be send to Section Chair/SAC Chair of the section with a cc to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We request Section Chairs, SAC Chairs and Student Section Representatives to ensure that Student Branches are well aware about the event and encourage an active participation from all the SBs.
- Branch Counsellors and chairpersons are requested to recognize the facilitators from their institutions for the program.
- Chairpersons of the SBs willing to organize this workshop would be the pillars of this initiative and hence are requested to plan the event accordingly for a successful implementation.
All the Student Branches who are willing to take this initiative forward in their colleges must send in their nomination latest by 31st May 2017.
This initiative is an effort by IEEE India Council to expose students to industrial standards of premier organizations like Google and thus hopes an active participation from all the student branches from across the country.