The following tours can be booked and paid upon registration on the Conference Registration Form.
- In order to guarantee the participation in the Tour(s), reservation(s) must be received by September 12th, 2017.
- In addition to the Accompanying Persons confirmed by September 12th, 2017, in case of availability of further places up to the maximum number of participants, it will be possible for some Attendees to join the Tours by paying on-site the fee (under decision) before starting the Tours. The list of participants will be completed on the first-come, first-served basis.
- All tours are accompanied by an English-speaking guide.
- Cancellations are accepted until September the 12th 2017.
- Tour vouchers must be collected from the Registration Desk on the day of the Conference.
- Tours depart from Politecnico di Torino where the Tour Guide will be bearing the ISGT2017 Conference logo sign. Participants are kindly invited to be there at least 10 minutes before departure time.
TOUR 1 – September 27th, 2017
9.00 – 19.00
Visit to the Langhe
Don’t miss the opportunity to experience an unforgettable enogastronomical tour immersed in the wonderful landscape of the Langhe region, among wineyards, hills and medieval castles. The Langhe is a hilly region in Piedmont, famous all over the world for its excellent products: the great wines (Barolo, Barbaresco, Nebbiolo and Barbera), good food and truffles.
An excursion dedicated to knowing this magic territory, tasting its renowned products and try the exciting experience of truffle hunting guided by dogs.
- Visit to the WIMU Wine Museum, Italy’s most innovative wine museum, as well as one of the world’s most important, opened its gates to the public in September 2010. It is set in the heart of a territory that is famous for its wines, and in the halls and rooms of a castle with a thousand-year history;
- Visit to the wine cellars of the Marchesi di Barolo and wine tasting; Lunch in the castle’s restaurant, the “Foresteria Marchesi di Barolo”, furnished with valuable pieces of furniture and wooden floors, to taste typical Piedmontese dishes, with a great attention to the quality of the products and combination with the most suited wines.
- Transfer to Costigliole d’Asti to experience the traditional “truffle picking” and visit to the “trifulau’s house”: picking items, furniture, images and memories of the past
- Truffle tasting with local fine wines
Cost includes: coach, lunch, admission fee, tastings.
TOUR 2 – September 28th, 2017
9.00 – 14.00
Visit to the Royal Palace – Palazzo Reale
In the heart of Turin, facing onto the splendid Piazza Castello, Palazzo Reale was the city residence for the royal court. It was the nerve centre of the capital of the Savoy State, but also the backdrop for magnificent receptions. In 1946 the palace was made a Museum of the life and works of the House of Savoy. In the salons and in the private apartments it is possible to admire precious frescoes, paintings, tapestries, furniture and chinaware, important evidence of art from the 17th to the 19th century. The visit will be followed by a cocktail in a beautiful cafè in one of the most important squares in Torino, Piazza San Carlo.
Cost includes: coach, tour guide, admission fee, cocktail.