IEEE Computer Society Italy Section Chapter 2016 PhD Thesis Award
Rules for Participants
The IEEE Computer Society Italy Section Chapter recognizes distinguished work by young researchers in the field of Computer Science and Engineering through presentation of an Award for the best PhD Thesis defended in an Italian University in 2016. The Award consists in an honorarium of 500 Euro and a Certificate.
For the year 2016 one award will be presented.
Only candidates with the following requisites are eligible for the award:
- be a Member of IEEE Computer Society
- have completed the Doctoral Program in an Italian University, and defended the Thesis in 2016
Candidates must send their application by February 28, 2017 (23.59 GMT) together with:
- Name and email address of the candidate
- Self-certification of IEEE Computer Society membership with member number
- Title of the Ph.D. Thesis
- Name of the PhD. Thesis Advisor and his/her contact email address
- Name of the University and of the Ph.D. program where the Ph.D. has been acquired
- Date of final defence
- Electronic copy in pdf format of the Ph.D. Thesis
- Electronic copy in pdf format of a 1-page Summary of the contribution of the Ph.D. Thesis
- List of the publications co-authored by the candidate resulting from the thesis, if any
- Electronic copy in pdf format of the publications co-authored by the candidate concerning the doctoral topic, if any
- Curriculum Vitae listing educational background, positions held, awards of the candidate
- A presentation letter by the PhD. Thesis Advisor
All documents must be sent in electronic format by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Application for 2016 PhD Thesis [family name of the candidate]”
The thesis will be evaluated by a Board of Experts in Computer Science and Engineering designated by the IEEE Computer Society Italy Section Chapter. Applicants will be notified of the outcome by April 30, 2017. The award will be presented at the 3rd International Forum on Research and Technologies for Society and Industry (RTSI 2017).
All the decisions of the Board are final.
- Cecilia Metra (Chair), Università di Bologna
- Paolo Atzeni, Università Roma Tre
- Carlo Ghezzi, Politecnico di Milano
- Nicola Leone, Università della Calabria
- Vincenzo Loia, Università degli Studi di Salerno
- Chiara Petrioli, Università degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza
- Mariagiovanna Sami, Politecnico di Milano