Submitting a Paper
The IEEE Transactions on ITS is now accepting electronic submissions only, via the following submission web site: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/t-its.
Before submitting a manuscript, authors must:
- format the paper using IEEE style (double column, single spaced, templates are available at http://www.ieee.org/web/publications/authors/transjnl/index.html);
- include a short biography for all authors at the end of the paper (only for Regular and Survey papers).
- create an account in the web site if they do not already possess one.
Authors can choose among 4 kinds of papers, each with its suggested length in IEEE style:
- Regular Papers: 10 pages
- Short Papers: 6 pages
- Practitioner Papers: 6 pages
- Survey Papers: 18 pages
A author may submit papers that exceeds the suggested length but-after the final acceptance, provided they pay an overlength charge of 175 US dollar for each extra page.
Abstract Description and Specifications
For an abstract to be effective when displayed in IEEE Xplore® as well as through indexing services such as Compendex, INSPEC, Medline, ProQuest, and Web of Science, it must be concisely yet comprehensively reflect the article it describes. In particular, the abstract must be:
- Contained, without abbreviations, footnotes, or references. It should be a microcosm of the full article.
- Between 150-250 words.
- Written as one paragraph and should not contain displayed mathematical equations or tabular material.
- Include three or four different keywords or phrases. However over-repetition of such phrases can result in a page being rejected by search engines.
- Grammatically correct.
Open Access Transactions Option
The Transactions on ITS is a hybrid journal, allowing either traditional manuscript submission or Open Access (author-pays OA) manuscript submission. The OA option, if selected, enables unrestricted public access to the article via IEEE Xplore. The OA option will be offered to the author at the time the manuscript is submitted. If selected, the OA discounted fee of $1,750 must be paid before the article is published in the journal. If you have unusual circumstances about this, please contact the Editor-in-Chief. Any other applicable charges (such as the over-length page charge and/or charge for the use of color in the print format) will be billed separately once the manuscript formatting is complete but prior to the publication. The traditional option, if selected, enables access to all qualified subscribers and purchasers via IEEE Xplore. No OA payment is required.
For further publication guidelines beyond the information listed on this page, contact the Editorial Assistant, SimonaBerte’, by email at email@example.com.