Can’t attend KC-based functions?
Outside KC: What to do
If you live in Springfield or one of the other areas that is quite a distance from the center of the Kansas City Section, the announcements of meetings and activities can be very frustrating. Well, now you can do something about that! Below are some options. To get contact information on members in your geographic area, write to IEEE-KC Webmaster and ask for help. You can get help in other ways, too. Just ask.
- Start a local interest group, sub-chapter, or sub-section. You can meet once a month, once a quarter, whatever. We’ll add you to the Section Officers page (located in Section_Data).
- Hold a seminar or conference. Locate a speaker, set a date, line up a hotel–we’ll help you get the word out.
- Arrange for a local tour–we’ll help you contact IEEE members in your area.
- Forget geography! Run an e-mail list or run a Web page within ieee-kc.org–we’ll help you with publicity and execution.
- Identify to your employer the value to them of an activity taking place in KC, and get them to send you to it the same way they’d send you to any other kind of training. If you really want to go, you should be able to make a solid case. We always have excellent speakers at our dinner meetings, and the other activities are getting very positive reviews from participants. For help in making this happen, see our Section Officers page (located in Section_Data) and contact the officer most appropriate to work with toward this end.
- Come up with your own idea, then see our Section Officers page (located in Section_Data) and contact the officer most appropriate to work with toward this end.
Contact the Webmaster at webmaster @ ieee-kc.org.
This is an association Website. Do not phone us about link exchanges, SEO services, marketing services, or other commercial services or products.