The new ExCom will take charge from 1st January 2015 for a period of two years.
Elections were held for the five posts of IEEE Lahore Section’s ExCom 2015-16. The result of the elections is as follows;
1. Chair – Dr. Shafay Shamail, LUMS Lahore
2. Vice Chair – Dr. Sobia Baig, COMSATS Lahore
3. General Secretary – Mr. Amir Zahoor, FAST-NUCES Faisalabad
4. Treasurer – Dr. Khaver Zia, BNU Lahore
5. SAC Chair – Mr. Muhammad Usman Munawar, KICS UET Lahore
There are some defacto members of the ExCom as follows;
6. Past Chair of the Section – Dr. Amjad Hussain, FAST Lahore
7. Chair Communication Society Chapter (Current: Dr. Noor Muhammad Sheikh, UET Lahore)
8. Chair Computer Society Chapter (Current: Dr. Waqar Mahmood, KICS UET Lahore)
9. Chair Young Professionals (YP) Affinity Group (Current: Mr. Usman Muhammad Ali, Entrepreneur)
10. Chair Women In Engineering (WIE) Affinity Group (Current: Ms Sania Arshad, Mobilink)
11. Section Student Representative (SSR) – (Current: Mr. Aftab Waince, Faisalabad)
12. Chair Power and Energy Society (PES) – (Current: Mr. Muhammad Usman Munawar)
In addition, there will be a few more members that will be incorporated by the ExCom later on.
On behalf of the ExCom 2013-14, the new office bearers are congratulated.