RoboResearch 2016 is a two day event, jointly sponsored by the North Carolina Council of IEEE and Industrial & Systems Engineering at NC State University. The objective for the first day is to promote interaction between the North Carolina Business community and it Universities, while the second focuses more on promoting STEM to help a new generation of innovators. We invite robotics researchers from the educational community as well as robotics researchers and designers from industries throughout North Carolina.
Attendees will meet other researchers and designers in the same and related fields. We are hoping that members of our local industries will be introduced to the inter-relationship with the educational institutes in our State so that some day they may be able to work together toward common goals.
- 8:30-9:00 Register & Networking
- 9:00-10:00 Legislation and flight: Flying drones legally and safely
- 10:00-11:00 Problem Solving with Deep Q-Learning
- 11:00-11:30 Running a Drone Business
- 11:30-12:00 Improving the Safety of Autonomous Small Unmanned Vehicles
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch & Networking break
- 1:00-2:00 Safe & Certified: Building UAVs to Manned Aircraft Standards
- 2:00-2:30 Baxter Automation
- 2:30-3:30 Personal Rapid Transit
- 3:30-4:30 Design and Control of a Home Delivery Logistics Network
- 4:30-5:00 Geometry Streaming for Navigation
- 5:00-5:30 Robotics as a Service
- 9:00-9:30 What can you do with Electrical & Computer Engineering?
- 9:30-10:00 What can you do with Computer Science?
- 10:00-10:30 What can you do with Industrial and Systems Engineering?
- 10:30-11:00 Organic Robot Classroom
- 11:00-12:00 Roomba Teardown: How a Roomba works from an IRobot Engineer
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch Break
- 1:00-1:30 Introduction to programming with C/C++
- 1:30-2:00 Building a Robot as a FIRST team
- 2:00-3:00 Introduction to Embedded Programing with the Arduino
- 3:00-4:00 Pi Time! : Introduction to Robotics with the Raspberry Pi