Aim and Scope
Melecon 2016 is an IEEE Region 8 flagship conference with a long standing history of excellence both in electrotechnology and in recent years in information and communication technologies as well. Melecon 2016 covers complementary thematic areas that hold great promise for the advancement of research and technological development in the solution of complex engineering systems. In this context, Melecon 2016 foresees to attract high quality papers and provide a platform for the cross fertilization of new ideas and know-how under the special theme of the conference that is Intelligent & Efficient Technologies & Services for the Citizen.
To achieve this, the conference encompasses the following thematic areas:
- Electric Power Systems and Renewable Energy Sources
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Internet of Things, Cloud-Based Systems and Big Data Analytics
- Virtual Environments, 3D Simulations and Serious Games
- Security and Networking
- Micro and Nano Electronic Systems
- Smart, Green and Integrated Transport
- Emerging Environmental Systems and Applications
- Proposals for workshops or special sessions: August 10, 2015
- Paper submission: Extended to Oct 30, 2015
- Paper notification: November 30, 2015
- Camera ready paper: December 15, 2015
The submissions should contain original, high quality work, not submitted or published elsewhere. Papers should be submitted electronically (through Melecon 2016 web site) in pdf format and should conform to IEEE specifications (single-spaced, double – column, 10-point font size, 4 – 6 pages).
Each accepted paper should be presented by one of the authors and accompanied by at least one full registration fee payment, to guarantee publication in the proceedings. One full registration fee can cover up to 2 papers only. All accepted papers will be included in the IEEE proceedings of Melecon 2016 that will be submitted to the Xplore Digital Library.
PhD Students Paper Competition
PhD students are encouraged to submit their papers to the Melecon 2016 student paper competition selecting a thematic area.
St. Raphael Resort – 5*
The St. Raphael Resort is a 5 star hotel located on one of the most renowned and largest beaches in Limassol, 10 minutes away from the lively centre of Limassol, 35 minutes away from Larnaca International Airport, and 55 minutes away from Paphos International Airport.
Travel Inquiries including Accommodation and other Local Arrangements:
For more information, visit the conference website: http://www.melecon2016.org/