We are currently seeking nominations for the Northern Canada PES/IAS Outstanding Engineer of 2017 award. The award recognises the outstanding contribution of a local engineer to the power engineering profession, including, but not limited to:
– Outstanding technical contributions to the power engineering profession.
– Outstanding professional and leadership contributions to the power engineering profession
– Significant contributions to the local community representing the power engineering profession.
– Outstanding contributions in the area of power engineering education.
– Service to the Power & Energy Society and/or Industry Applications Society and/or IEEE.
PES allows giving out two OEA awards by categorising candidates in one of two categories:
- An IEEE PES member who is no longer an IEEE Young Professional (more than 15 years since university graduation)
- An IEEE PES member who is an IEEE Young Professional (15 years or less since university graduation)
To nominate your colleague(s) for this award please download and fill out the Nomination Form and send it us (details on the form) by September 18, 2017 by 5:00 PM. We will present the award at the Northern Canada Section IAS/PES event to held in November, 2017.
As per IEEE guidelines the winner needs to be both an IEEE and PES member in good standing and under the jurisdiction of the Northern Canada Section.