IEEE-NCS, PES/IAS Chapter Presents
Tuesday, February 12th, 2019, 6:00 to 8:30pm, doors open at 5:30pm
Transformer Installation and Testing
This presentation will discuss the processes involved with oil-filled transformers including those of:
- Receiving a transformer after transport to a substation site
- Assembly and processing of a transformer at site
- Testing of a transformer to verify its suitability for service
- Discussion of integrating the transformer into the power system
Transformers are required in almost every power supply situation. The installation and testing of the transformer verifies its condition at the time it is ready for service as well as forming the baseline or signature tests for all future maintenance and later condition assessment or analysis.
The manner and processes that are used to receive, assemble, process and test the transformer are of fundamental importance to the long life of the transformer.
W.J. (Bill) Bergman, P.Eng. of PowerNex Associates Inc.
- Associate, PowerNex Associates Inc.
- Former HV Equipment Specialist at several Canadian utilities (31+ years)
- Former HV Power Equipment consultant (18+ years)
- E. (Electrical) – University of Saskatchewan
- Eng. – University of Calgary
- 50 years of experience in the application, specification, factory inspection and testing, installation, commissioning, rebuild and failure analysis of transformers for high voltage transmission systems
- Member and contributor to many CSA, IEC, IEEE Standards/Guides and CIGRE working groups on Transformers and on HV Circuit Breakers
Presentation Slides:Transformer Assembly, Installation & Testing
Location: German Canadian Cultural Center, 8310 Roper Rd NW, Edmonton, AB T6E 6E3