IEEE North Jersey Section Power & Energy Society Chapter
The IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES) is the oldest society of the IEEE, focused on the scientific and engineering knowledge about power and energy.
For past events, please check the calendar. Use the filter to see the Chapter’s past events.
Events in 2014
The PES Chapter has already scheduled five one-day technical seminars. The topics for the technical seminars will include: GIS Analytic Systems, Metering, Generator Protection, Bushings and Transformer Protection. The Chapter further plans to nominate a Chapter Outstanding Engineer candidate and schedule a Life Grade Luncheon. It will also participate in Senior Member Grade elevation drives and IEEE Milestone site nomination and dedication ceremonies.
Highlights – 2013
- The PES Chapter conducted five technical one-day seminars with continuing education units offered for Professional Engineer Registration requirements in both New York and New Jersey.
- The PES Chapter nominated a candidate for the PES Chapter Outstanding Engineer Award and presented the plaque at the Annual Awards Reception.
- The PES Chapter identified another candidate, and nominated this candidate in November 2013 for presentation of the Chapter’s Outstanding Engineer Award in 2014.
- The PES Chapter held an Annual Life Grade luncheon featuring a technical speaker from the IEEE History Center at Rutgers University in New Jersey who presented a program on the history and technical contributions at Bell Laboratory facilities in New Jersey.
- Members of the PES Chapter promoted and facilitated programs to elevate members to the Senior Member Grade on June 5, 2013 at Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent and on November 6, 2013 at the Clifton Public Library. Several members were successfully endorsed to the Senior Member Grade Level.
- The PES Chapter promoted seminars and registered participants using IEEE vTools. In total, 399 persons attended our activities in 2013. The Chapter honored and recognized two new PES Fellows of the Class of 2013 – Dr Peter Balma and Dr Bruce Fardanesh, and was the host Chapter for the PES Plain Talk Conference held in Seacaucus, NJ on March 5-7, 2013.