- This event has passed.
VVO with DA/DER Challenges
April 26 @ 08:00 - 14:00
Co-sponsored by: Ken Oexle
Distributed Energy Resources (DER) and Distribution Automation (DA) can cause voltage regulation problems:
- DER and DA may cause power flow direction change and source strength change
- Active VAR-regulating DER needs to be properly controlled, integrated and coordinated with line capacitors
LTC Transformer and Voltage Regulator Controls need to implement special VVO strategies when challenged by DER and DA:
- Autodetermination®: Control autonomously determines source strength and selects optimal operating mode
- VAR Bias®: Control autonomously uses VAR flow direction and quantity to ensure
- (1) voltage variations from reactive power level changes are addressed by VAR assets and
- (2) voltage variations from real power level changes are addressed by LTC Transformers and Voltage Regulators
Speaker(s): Wayne Hartmann, Senior VP, Customer Excellence,
The seminar fee includes lunch, refreshments and handouts. Non-members joining IEEE within 30 days of the seminar will be rebated 50% of the IEEE registration charge.
Four hours of instruction will be provided. If desired, IEEE Continuing Education Units (0.4 CEUs) will be offered for this course – a small fee of $45 will be required for processing.
Please pay attention to the “Registration Fee” and choose the appropriate choice either with or without CEUs.
Bldg: PSE&G – Hadley Road Facility
4000 Hadley Road
South Plainfield, New Jersey