The 2013 Awards Banquet was held at the Birchwood Manor, Whippany, NJ, on Sunday, May 5, 2013.
The IEEE North Jersey Section Chair, Russell Pepe, welcomed all present. Seven Fellow Awards were presented by Peter Eckstein, Region 1 Director. The seven 2013 Fellows in the North Jersey Section are:
- Dr. Peter Balma, for leadership in developing technical guides for electric power equipment
- Dr. Enrico Bocchieri, for contributions to computational models for speech recognition
- Dr. Ramon Caceres, for contributions to mobile computing and communications
- Dr. Bruce Fardanesh, for contributions to phasor measurement technology and Flexible AC Transmission Systems
- Dr. Saeed Ghassemzadeh, for contributions to measurement and modeling of broadband wireless channels and their applications to system design
- Mr. Peter Pupalaikis, for contributions to high-speed waveform digitizing instruments
- Dr. Harish Viswanathan, for contributions to wireless communication systems
Peter Eckstein recognized three members of the North Jersey Section with an IEEE Region 1 Award for their service. Ms. Anisha Apte was recognized for outstanding contributions to the IEEE North Jersey Section, Mr. Peter Pupalaikis was recognized for outstanding leadership and service to the IEEE North Jersey Section and the Instrumentation and Measurement Society, and Dr. Adriaan J. van Wijngaarden was recognized for outstanding leadership to the IEEE North Jersey Section.
Peter Eckstein recognized the services of Richard Tax and Paul Ward with the Alex Gruenwald Pace Award. Dr. Ron Schroeder received the PES Chapter Outstanding Engineer Award. Dr. Bob Pellegrino presented MGA recognitions to Dr. Naresh Chand, Mr. Kirit Dixit, and Dr. Adriaan J. van Wijngaarden for the organization of the IEEE Smart Tech Metro Area Workshop on Oct. 20-21, 2012, in White Plains, NY.