Welcome to IEEE NSW WIE affinity group
This portal is the prime source of information about IEEE NSW WIE affinity group activities and events.
IEEE NSW WIE affinity group was born in 2007 to promote and sustain the presence of women engineers in the Universities, industries and institutions at state level. Our mission is to inspire, engage, encourage, and empower IEEE women in New South Wales, Australia. IEEE NSW WIE provides the opportunity for members to network at a local level.
We are currently seeking IEEE members who are interested in supporting women in the math and science fields from youth to professional and beyond. NSW WIE affinity group works simultaneously with the NSW IEEE Section.
NSW WIE is also associated with IEEE WIE.
IEEE WIE strives to…
- Recognize the outstanding achievements of women in electrical and electronics engineering through IEEE Awards nominations
- Organize receptions at major technical conferences to enhance networking and to promote membership in WIE
- Advocate women in leadership roles in IEEE governance, and career advancement for women in the profession
- Provide assistance with the formation of new WIE Affinity Groups, and support ongoing activities
- Promote IEEE member grade advancement for women to the membership grades of Senior member and Fellow
- Facilitate the development of programs and activities that promote the entry into, and retention of, women in engineering programs
- Administer the IEEE Student-Teacher and Research Engineer/Scientist (STAR) Program to mentor young women in junior and high schools
There are no upcoming events at this time.