The IEEE NSW Section Volunteer Awards
The NSW Section is proud to introduce local awards to recognise the contribution of our members. Many members donate enormous amounts of their time on a diverse range of activities that benefit the IEEE membership. Therefore, if you or somebody you know has made a substantial contribution then we encourage you to apply.
The awards recognize the contribution NSW members make to the IEEE and its vision of advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. The three awards are:
– IEEE NSW Outstanding Volunteer
– IEEE NSW Outstanding Young Professional
– IEEE NSW Outstanding Student Volunteer
The award is open to IEEE members living in NSW and with an address registered with the IEEE as residing in NSW. IEEE members are to apply for the category that they belong to as determined by their membership. Current NSW Section Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Awards Chair and those serving on the judging panel are ineligible for nomination. A member cannot be nominated if they have received one of the awards in the previous five years.
Nominations will close on the 31st of August each year.
The award policy and application questions can be found here.
Nominations for the 2018 award are conducted electronically via the following link:
- Hopefully, some good news coming soon!
- IEEE Section Awards
- Gold Medal: 2017 Outstanding Section Membership Recruitment and Retention Performance
- Region 10 Student Paper Contest Winners
- 1st Place Postgraduate: Roy B. V. B. Simorangkir from Macquarie University
- 2016 Australia Council Winners (Based on previous year)
- 1st Place Student Branch Competition: Macquarie University
- 1st Place Postgraduate: Guohao Lan from University of New South Wales
- 2017 IEEE Xtreme
- Top 50 World Placing (32/3350) and 1st Place in Australia: Anh Minh Le, Duc Thien Bui, Minh Nguyen (University of Wollongong)
- 2016 IEEE Education Society Chapter Achievement Award
- Winner: NSW Chapter