In a joint meeting with the local PSES chapter, the following presentation will given:
Date: Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Northwest EMC Inc. – Irvine, CA
Irvine, CA 92618
Please RSVP to email@example.com (RSVPs must be received by 5pm 7/21/2014)
This presentation touches on the challenges dealing with EMC compliance on medical electrical equipment. In addition, the fourth edition of IEC 60601-1-2 has just been published, and this means dramatic changes for the medical electronics industry.
The presentation will address the following;
• Relationship of IEC 60601-1-2 with Other Standards
• Motivation & Philosophy of the 4th Edition
• What is “Essential Performance” and “Basic Safety”?
• Comparison of 3rd and 4th Edition Requirements
• In Depth Review of IEC 60601-1-2, 4th Edition
• “Intended Use” vs. “Normal Use”
• ESD Testing on Connectors
• Labeling & Documentation Requirements
• When Do We Have to Comply with the 4th Edition?
• New Standard: IEC 60601-4-2 for EMC “Performance”
Darryl Ray is the founder and Principal Consultant for Darryl Ray EMC Consulting. He has more than 35 years EMC experience working in the medical device, ITE and defense industries. Darryl has performed EMC engineering duties on over 100 products. Mr. Ray received a Bachelors of Engineering Technology degree from Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan. He is an iNarte Certified Master EMC Design Engineer. Darryl is a Senior Member of the IEEE, former chair of the IEEE Santa Clara Valley EMC chapter and has authored several papers for past IEEE EMC symposiums. He has designed and supervised the construction of 8 EMC labs including numerous anechoic chambers. Mr. Ray is an active member of IEC TC62A/Maintenance Team 23 pertaining to the development of IEC 60601-1-2 and also a member of the US national committees for CISPR 11, 22, 24, 32 and 35.