About the IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication
The IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication (ISSN 0361-1434) is the quarterly, peer-reviewed journal of the IEEE Professional Communication Society. We have published continuously since 1957.
Through research articles, integrative literature reviews, tutorials, and teaching cases, we publish present current practice, research, and theory on the communication practices of engineers, scientists, and professional communicators in technical and business environments, and the research-based teaching practices of instructors of professional communication.
Topics covered by the journal include:
- Impact of information and communications technologies
- Design techniques and usability of various genres and media
- Management of professional and technical communicators
- Communication practices of both technical professionals and communication professionals
- Social impact of professional and technical communications and technology
- Technical standards for communication practices and technologies
- Reports of effectiveness of research methodologies in this field.
To learn more:
- Potential readers: For our Early Access (pre-published online) articles, most recent issue, and archives, visit our online publication.
- Prospective authors: For more information, please review what we publish and our editorial guidelines.
Also, check out the Calls for Papers
- To learn more about our mission and leadership: Visit our About Us page.