2014 Chair: Ron Hotchkiss
2014 Vice-Chair: Carey Mossop
2014 Secretary: Christine Goldsworthy
High Voltage Subcommittee – 2014
- A ballot group has been formed for PC62.82.2 (a revision of Std 1313.2-1999) which is the Guide for the Application of Insulation Coordination. Copyright permissions are being obtained to start the ballot.
- The ballots for PC62.92.4 (a revision of C62.92.4-1991) which is the Guide for the Application of Neutral Grounding in Electric Utility Systems, Part IV-Distribution, have been completed, the comments have been addressed, and the document has been submitted and approved by the IEEE-SA Standards Board at the December 2014 meeting.
- The working group on Rotating AC Machines (WG 3.4.9) is working to obtain a chair and additional experts for the working group.
- A new PAR request is needed for PC62.21.1, the Recommended Practice for the Application of Surge Voltage Protective Equipment on AC Rotating Machinery Rated 1 kV to 30 kV, Generators and Single-Turn Motors, if we are going to proceed with this document.
- The working group on High Voltage Surge Protection of Generating Plants (WG 3.4.13) is working to obtain a chair for the working group.
- Work is continuing on the draft of PC62.23, the Application Guide for Surge Protection of Electric Generating Plants. The next steps include forming a new ballot group and balloting the document.
- Work is continuing to finish the draft, form a balloting group, and ballot PC62.92.1, a revision of C62.92.1-2000, the Guide for the Application of Neutral Grounding in Electric Utility Systems, Part I-Introduction.
- Work is continuing to finish the draft, form ballot group, and ballot PC62.92.2, a revision of C62.92.2-1989, the Guide for the Application of Neutral Grounding in Electric Utility Systems, Part II-Synchronous Generator Systems.
- A new project is being considered for work related to PC62.92.6, the Guide for the Application of Neutral Grounding in Electric Utility Systems, Part VI-Systems Rated 1000V and Below.
For the entire report, please see http://sites.ieee.org/pes-enews/files/2015/06/June-LatestTCSPDC.pdf.