The 1st Annual WiP Conference which took place on March 11th & 12th 2017 was a 2-day conference held at the India Habitat Center in New Delhi, India. The conference began with a traditional Indian opening ceremony, opening remarks from the planning committee, and an interactive session on Defining your Impact as a Leader. The conference program included technical and professional development tracks, and multiple networking sessions. The conference had over 100 participants- several students from universities such as IIT Delhi, and industry professionals from companies such as GE attended the conference. Conference speakers included Prof. Mini Thomas, Prof. Celia Shahnaz, Dr. Shay Bahramirad, Dr. G. Bhuvaneswari, Dr. Balasubramanian, Kannan Tinnium, Dr. Jay Giri, and S.K. Soonee.
Participants were very inspired by the professional development tracks which ranged from work-life balance discussions to becoming a leader. The conference concluded with a set of technical tracks highly focused on what the grid of the future looks like, and a networking closing ceremony.
The local organizing committee included:
- General Chair: Shay Bahramirad and Bhuvaneswari
- Program Chair: Rachana Garg
- Organizing Secretary: Ashu Verma
- Joint Secretary: Alka Singh
- Publicity Chair: Prerna Gaur
- Treasurer: Priya Mahajan
- Patron: Bhim Singh and Prof. S. Mukhopadhyay
- Advisory Committee: Sainab Ninalowo (PES Chair), Arvind Tiwari (GE Bangalore), Ajay Mathur (Director General TERI), Sukumar Mishra (IIT Delhi), SuprotimGanguli (FICCI), Dr. Sooni , and Mini Thomas ( Director NIT Trichy)
The conference was financially sponsored by GE,ComEd, and the IEEE Delhi section.
IEEE PES WiP Chair