For the tutorial application, submission guidelines and application form, please visit the link https://www.ieee-pes.org/ieee-pes-2019-call-for-tutorials.
The main selection criteria include:
- Instructor’s level of expertise and tutorial content including need and value.
- Official sponsorship and approval from at least one IEEE PES Technical committee.
- A good mix of speakers from industry and academia from different institutions (depending on the duration and topic).
- The theme of the conference and suitability (application aligns with the conference theme).
- Previous presentations and number of attendees.
- Attendee’s feedback.
- Additional and new content from the previous year’s presentation if the tutorial has been presented before.
These selection criteria are directly linked to the submission guidelines in the application form. For example, we ask for; instructor bios to fulfill criteria #1 and #3, technical sponsorship to fulfill criteria #2. So, you are requested to pay special attention when completing the tutorial submission form to fulfill all the guidelines and selection criteria.
Please note that the application is evaluated strictly based on the submission guidelines and selection criteria.
Professor, Department of ECE, The University of North Carolina at Charlotte