- This event has passed.
ESSB Meeting Chattanooga, TN
June 12, 2017 - June 16, 2017
The June 2017 ESSB meeting (sponsored by TVA) will be held in Chattanooga and has some changes compared to past meetings.
Important changes made for this meeting include:
- General meeting is on Monday afternoon
- SBEE technical Session Monday morning (“Inspection and Test Data interpretation”)
- Special Energy Storage Tutorial Thursday afternoon, see Flyer
- Please note General Meeting, Working Group meetings, lunch and break times for this meeting
- Registration required for all events including the  ESSB Committee and Working Group meetings;  the special Energy Storage Tutorial; and,  the Raccoon Mountain Pumped Hydro Storage tour. Please don’t forget to register for a room for the conference as well
- Due to the Thursday Energy Storage Tutorial, ESSB Working Groups extended through Friday morning
Main sponsor: TVA
- ESSB Meeting registration
- Energy Storage Tutorial registration (no cost for ESSB registered attendees, use code BR549)
- TVA Raccoon Mountain Pumped Storage Plant Tour registration
The Committee Meeting will be held at the Marriott Downtown in Chattanooga, TN. The negotiated hotel rate is $119/night plus taxes. This rate is available from June 17 – 18 June 17 and must be booked by 27 May 17.
Overnight parking is $15/day valet and $11/day self. Day parking is $6/day valet.
Though not shown on the hotel registration webpage, the hotel does offer a shuttle to/from the airport for $25/person each way which can be charged to your room or paid in cash to the driver. Advance reservations are required – call the Convention Services Manager at 1-800-841-1647.
To make your hotel reservation online follow this link or by phone call 1-800-841-1647 and ask for the IEEE Energy Storage and Stationary Battery Committee group rate.
TVA Raccoon Mountain Pumped Storage Plant Tours
Tours are offered on Monday Morning and Thursday morning. They are limited to 28 people on each day – first come first serve. Tour costs are $45/person and covers the round trip transportation costs between the hotel and the plant as well as lunch at the Broad Street Grill in the Chattanoogan Hotel. Please note the identification requirements for taking the tour as shown on the tour registration site.
For Information and Registration: Raccoon Mountain Tour Registration