Senior Membership Workshop
August 21 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
The Philadelphia Section wants to increase the number of Senior Members in our section. We are setting up a workshop for the purpose of signing up new Senior Members. We gain, and you gain by advancing. What does it mean to be a Senior Member of the IEEE? The Senior Member grade is a way for IEEE members to receive recognition for their professional experience and significant performance in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and related fields, including: Computer Science and Information Technology, Physical Sciences, Biological and Medical Sciences, Mathematics, Technical Communications, Education, Management, Law, and Policy.
If you meet the experience requirements, come to the workshop. If you have at least 10 years of relevant industry experience or educational accomplishments in IEEE designated areas, you can be eligible for an upgrade to Senior Member grade. If needed, we will help with the references, and the rest of the paperwork. Most of the Executive Committee, who are Senior Members or Fellows will be there and can serve as reference persons.
We need also volunteers from the ranks of Senior Members and Fellows to be mentors. Address your questions to: Sec.email@example.com
Senior Member advancement provides IEEE members with significant and distinct benefits:
1. Recognition: The professional recognition of your peers for technical and professional excellence.
2. Senior Member Plaque: Since January 1999, all newly elevated Senior Members have received an engraved Senior Member plaque to be proudly displayed for colleagues, clients and employers to see. The plaque, in an attractive fine wood with bronze engraving, is sent within six to eight weeks after elevation.
3. US$25 Coupon: IEEE will recognize all newly elevated Senior Members with a coupon worth up to US$25. This coupon can be used to join one new IEEE Society. The coupon expires on 31 December of the year in which it is received.
4. Letter of Commendation: If you indicate that you would like one, a letter of commendation will be sent to your employer on the achievement of Senior Member grade.
5. Announcements: Announcement of elevation can be made in Section/Society and/or local newsletters, newspapers and notices.
6. Leadership Eligibility: Senior Members are eligible to hold executive IEEE volunteer positions.
7. Ability to Refer Other Candidates: Senior Members can serve as a reference for other applicants for Senior Membership.
8. Review Panel: Senior Members are invited to be on the panel to review Senior Member applications.
Sheraton University City
36th & Chestnut Streets
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19104