The IEEE Phoenix Section awards Student Scholarships to full-time graduate and undergraduate students who are IEEE student members. The applying student must attend a university in the Phoenix Section during 2014. The universities include Arizona State University, Arizona State University Polytechnic, DeVry University, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, and Northern Arizona University.
The student should submit a completely filled application along with financial aid statement; a one-page personal statement of achievements, interests, and goals; official transcripts of all college work; and recommendation letters. The scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement, financial need, and service to the IEEE.
Student scholarship winners, upon receiving notification from IEEE Phoenix Section Awards Committee, should send by email completely filled either Form W-9 for US Citizen or Form W-8 for Non-US Resident to Mr. Michael Deering, Director of Development, IEEE Foundation, at email@example.com with a copy to Dr. Vasudeva P. Atluri, Section Award Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 17th, 2014.
The IEEE Phoenix Section will present the following Student Scholarship awards at the annual banquet scheduled for for Saturday, February 7th, 2015 at Hilton Phoenix Airport located at 2435 South 47th Street, Phoenix, AZ – 85034 from 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM (Tel: 480-894-1600):
- “Atluri Award” sponsored by Dr. Vasudeva Prasad Atluri and Dr. Satyavathi Atluri. Total of two award recipients are presented with a plaque and a check for $1000.00 each. Only graduate students are eligible for these awards.
- “Al Gross Award” sponsored by IEEE Components, Packaging, and Manufacturing Technology (CPMT) Society Phoenix Chapter. The award recipient is presented with a plaque and a check for $1000.00. Graduate and undergraduate students are eligible for this award.
- “Irv Kaufman Award” sponsored by IEEE Waves and Devices Phoenix Chapter. The award recipient is presented with a plaque and a check for $1000.00. Graduate and undergraduate students are eligible for this award.
- “Dieter Schroder Award” sponsored by IEEE Phoenix Section. The award recipient is presented with a plaque and a check for $1000.00. Graduate and undergraduate students are eligible for this award.
The checks for these four awards are given out from the IEEE Phoenix Section Student Scholarship Endowment administered by the IEEE Foundation. To learn more about IEEE Foundation, click here.
Application submission deadline: Sunday, December 28th, 2014
Scholarship recipients will be informed on: Wednesday, December 31st, 2014
Only applications received by the deadline will be reviewed by the awards committee consisting of the following IEEE Phoenix Section Officers:
- Awards Committee Chair: Dr. Vasudeva P. Atluri
- Past Chair: Dr. Charles E. Weitzel
- Chair (Interim) / Vice-Chair: Mr. Bruce J. Ladewig
- Secretary: Mr. Surinder K. Tuli
- Students Activities Coordinator: Dr. S. Diane Smith
If you have any additional questions, please contact Dr. S. Diane Smith, Section Student Activities Coordinator, at (602) 749-4601 or by email at email@example.com, or Dr. Dr. Vasudeva P. Atluri, Section Awards Committee Chair, at (480) 227-8411 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.”