We are seeking proposals for special sessions at the 2019 International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI), which will be held in Venice, Italy, April 8–11, 2019.
Special sessions concentrate on critical and emerging topics in biomedical imaging. We are particularly interested in topics that either: 1. Give an overview on a focused topic of current interest to the ISBI community or 2. Are of wide interest to the biomedical imaging community but come from communities that do not traditionally attend ISBI.
Each of the sessions is expected to last 1½ hours and have between 4 and 5 invited speakers (each exploring different facets of the chosen topic). Presentations will be oral, and only by invitation of the organizers.
We expect these sessions to provide attendees with a broad overview of research work being done on a given topic. Additionally, the introduction of topics not traditionally represented at ISBI will allow us to broaden the ISBI community. A travel reimbursement in the amount of $1500 will be allocated for each Special Session to support invited speakers. Invited speakers are required to register to the conference. Session organizers are also encouraged to seek outside funding to provide additional support for speakers.
Invited contributors will be required to either submit a 4-page paper for inclusion in the proceedings, or to submit a 1-page abstract that summarizes the content of the talk (which will not be included in the proceedings), following the same deadlines as in the call for contributed papers. According to IEEE standards, the 4-page papers will undergo peer review. The review process will use the same system as the main conference and will run parallel to the main review process.
If you are interested, please submit a proposal to:
- Title of the session
- Brief description of the proposed topic, including justification of its relevance to ISBI
- Short CV (max. ½ page) of the session proposer
- Expected audience (number of expected attendees, level of expertise/familiarity with the topic required from the audience)
- Tentative list of speakers
- Name, affiliation, URL to lab
- Tentative title of talk
- Tentative abstract of talk (max. 300 words)
- Short CV (max. ½ page)
- Intention of the speaker to submit a 4-page contributed paper or a 1-page abstract
- For each potential speaker include:
Submission format and Important Dates:
- Proposals must be submitted as a single PDF file.
- The subject should state ISBI19 Special Session Proposal.
- Proposals submitted before June 5, 2018, will be given priority; proposals will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Final notification of acceptance/rejection will be sent by August 1st, 2018.
- Deadline for 4-pages paper submission: October 9, 2018;
1-page abstract submission: January 15, 2019.