||Dear Puerto Rico & the Caribbean Members (Region 9 )
IEEE Day 2013 is going to be held on Tuesday 1 October, celebrating the anniversary of the first time IEEE members gathered to share their technical ideas in 1884.
This is a wonderful opportunity for you to connect your members to IEEE on a local and global scale.
Since the first IEEE Day event in 2010, the number of events worldwide has grown 50% to more than 160. To help the IEEE Day movement grow even larger, WE NEED YOU.
Section and Chapter leadership engagement is critical to IEEE Day’s success!
Here are some ways you can get involved:
- Find information about the event at www.ieeeday.org
- Plan local networking events, seminars, or meetings around 1 Oct. 2013
- Submit information about your events to the map at www.ieeeday.org
- Encourage members to submit relevant local images to the photo contest!
Some comments from organizers of events already being planned for IEEE Day 2013:
- “This year we are planning to conduct some collaborative sessions, workshops and awareness programs with the government sector, industry and academia to highlight the importance of technological advancement in the society and the role of IEEE in it.”
- “.. us[ing] this platform to connect with young students/entrepreneurs who can make a difference to Innovation and Technology.”
- “Green technology workshops and training will be arranged.”
The most up-to-date information can always be found on the IEEE Day homepage: www.ieeeday.org
Don’t forget social media, as everyone can follow IEEE Day on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Thank you for all you do for the members of IEEE.
Ralph M. Ford, Ph.D. IEEE 2013 Vice-President, Member & Geographic Activities