IEEE Region 1 Awards Committee
Daniel E. Sniezek, IEEE Region 1 Awards Chair
Nominate individuals for the 2014 IEEE Region 1 Awards! Deadline is June 15, 2014.
2. EAB Awards – deadline is 15 April 2014
IEEE Educational Activities Board (EAB) Awards recognize and honor individuals and companies for major contributions to engineering and technical education.
3. MGA Outstanding Small & Large Section Award – deadline is May 15, 2014
The purpose of the MGA section awards is to recognize one large Section and one small Section (across all Regions) for their excellent work and successful efforts in fulfilling the educational and scientific goals of IEEE for the benefit of the public.
4. IEEE-USA Awards – deadline is 15 June 2014
IEEE-USA Awards are given to recognize professionalism, technical achievement, and literary contributions to public awareness and understanding of the engineering profession in the United States.
5. IEEE Standards Awards – deadline is 31 July 2014
The IEEE-SA recognizes outstanding standards development participation through nine different award categories.
6. IEEE Medals – deadline is 1 July 2014
For more information visit: http://www.ieee.org/about/awards/medals/index_%20medals.html
IEEE Medals are the highest awards that the IEEE presents on behalf of the IEEE Board of Directors. IEEE Medals embrace significant and broad IEEE interests and purposes. The highest honor is the IEEE Medal of Honor.
7. Award for Distinguished Ethical Practices – deadline is 1 July 2014
Do you know of an IEEE member or an organization employing IEEE members that has shown exemplary ethical behavior or practices, or has successfully advocated them? Then consider nominating that person or company for the IEEE
8. IEEE Recognitions – deadline is 1 July 2014
IEEE Recognitions are among the highest awards in the hierarchy of IEEE awards. They are presented to individuals or corporations for significant contributions to IEEE or for advances in technology within the technical fields of interest of IEEE.
9. MGA Individual Awards – deadline 1 October 2014
10. Student Awards – deadline varies
11. TAB Awards – deadline varies
Past Region 1 Award Winners
Former IEEE Region 1 Award winners are listed in the following Excel sheet [xlsx]. If you have any additional information on past award winners, please contact Daniel E. Sniezek (desniezek at yahoo.com).