Active Arc Flash Quenching – Eliminating the need for arc-rated PPE
October 24 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Introduction: What is an Arc Flash and Why is Limiting its Effects Important?
- Engineered Solutions for Arc Flash Mitigation
- Arc Flash Mitigation Options – Advantages & Disadvantages
- Arc-Quenching Definition – What is an “active” Arc-Quenching System?
- Standards that Reference Arc-Quenching
- Arc-Quenching Decision – Practical Applications
- Components of an Arc-Quenching System
- Basics of Arc-Quenching System Design – How Does the System Work?
- Testing an Arc-Quenching System
- Arc-Quenching vs. Mechanical Arc-Resistant (“Arc Venting”) – Benefits and Limitations
– Available Arc-Quenching Technologies – Differences in the Technologies
Speaker(s): Mike Bukovitz,P.E.,
Room: The Annex
4 Irving Place
New York, New York