- This event has passed.
Advancements in Acoustic Micro Imaging
March 14 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Acoustic Micro Imaging is an established non-destructive inspection technique that applies ultrasound for the inspection of microelectronic and semiconductor devices, packaging and associated materials. The technology has been widely used for bond / dis-bond assessment, defect and flaw detection as well as materials characterization. Recent advancements and new technological developments have allowed more applications to be resolved within the marketplace.
The presentation will include the following:
- Principles and Fundamentals
- Micro-slicing – Sonolytics
- Very High Frequency Transducers
- Waterfall & Water Plume
- 3-D Imaging (Virtual Rescan Mode (VRM))
- Frequency Domain Imaging (FDI)
- Integral Mode Imaging
- Surface profilometry (Acoustic Surface Flatness (ASF))
- Subsurface profilometry (Profile Mode)
- Multi-layer analysis (Sonosimulator)
This presentation will cover these latest advancements by showing examples and case studies through a variety of advanced packaging applications.
5:30-6:00 PM: Sign in, refreshments and personal networking
6:00-6:10 PM: Chapter chair greetings and announcements
6:10-7:45 PM; Presentation
7:45-7:55 PM: Q&A session, meeting adjourns
3 Forbes Rd