Here are the dates for the first part of the nominations and voting process (Section and Area):
5/13/2016 Nominations are due to be submitted to the Sections
5/31/2016 Section Awards Chair and committee pick and announce their winners and send the nomination files to their Area Awards Chair
6/2/2016 Area ballots sent to Section Award Chairs for Area voting
6/16/2016 Area voting concludes – due date for ballots returned to each Area Awards Chair
6/19/2016 Area winners notified and publicly announced by each Area Awards Chair
- Individual: Outstanding Engineer, Outstanding Leadership and Professional Service, Outstanding Engineering Manager, Outstanding Educator. See IEEE Region 6 Awards Categories with Descriptions of Individual awards for details.
- Organizational Units: Outstanding Chapter, Small Student Branch, Large Student Branch, Small Section, Large Section. See IEEE Region 6 Awards Categories with Descriptions of OU awards for details.
- Companies and Corporations: Outstanding Corporate Service. See 2016 Region 6 Award Description for Outstanding Corporate Service for more details.
IEEE / MGA Rules
- Award nominations must be made by an active IEEE member registered in your Section. You may not nominate yourself.
- You may not nominate an Awards Chair. You may not nominate a Section Chair if they are acting as the Awards Chair.
- The nominees must be within your own Section. Except for the Outstanding Educator, they must be current IEEE members.
Randy Wolff, firstname.lastname@example.org
Region 6 NE Area Awards Chair