The BULLETIN BOARD – Push a button; find a job!
- IEEE Job Site – Commonwealth of Virginia
- IEEE Job Site – within 60 miles of Quantico
- IEEE Job Site – within 60 miles of Stafford
- IEEE Job Site – within 60 miles of Fredericksburg
- IEEE Job Site – within 60 miles of Richmond
- IEEE Job Site – within 60 miles of Petersburg
- IEEE Job Site – within 60 miles of Palmyra
- IEEE Job Site – within 60 miles of Farmville
- IEEE Job Site – within 60 miles of South Boston
Local Companies Who Have Asked Us to Post Positions!
Embedded Systems Electrical Engineer – Fredericksburg area (Posted 12/14/2017)
Here are the details:
- Review system-level requirements and process them into hardware and software specifications
- From hardware and software requirements, conceptualize and document the product architecture
- Design, development, and documentation of embedded electronics hardware
- Fabrication and test of electronics subassemblies and prototypes, either in-house or through a contract manufacturer
- Design and implement embedded code following corporate coding conventions
- Develop test plans, then execute the test through unit tests and integration tests
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Generation of drawing packages and other technical documentation
- Digital circuit design to include designs based around microcontrollers, digital signal processors, and general purpose microprocessors.
- Power electronics circuit design to include AC/DC and DC/DC power supply design
- Schematic capture and printed circuit board layout
- Drafting of assembly drawings for cables and wiring harnesses
- Implementation of control algorithms
- C/C++ programming experience
- Development of tasks/applications that execute on Real-time Operating Systems (e.g. FreeRTOS, Micrium uC/OS, etc.)
- Development of device drivers
- Experience with software configuration management tools
- Familiarity with instrumentation & tools required for debug, test and integration of embedded systems, including JTAG pods, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Experience in the creating technical documentation in a regulated environment
- Experience w/ electrical Hardware Design (PCBs, Micro Processor Programming)
- Experience w/ A/C & D/C Power Design
- Experience w/ embedded Programming C++
Must have 3.25+ GPA
If you are interested, please contact:
Becca Latimer, Recruiter – Engineering
Or, do it yourself – Anywhere in the World!
- IEEE Job Site – The Right Candidate – Right Now!
- IEEE Job Site – Browse Jobs by Company, Expertise, Job Title & Country
And, don’t overlook these non-IEEE Resources for Virginia Engineers (if you’re not listed, please ASK)
- Aerotek (COMMENT – Joe Breithaupt asked for the listing! When you contact Aerotek, please ask for him and mention this listing.)
- Affinity Executive Search
- Career Prospectors & JAM via Meetup
- Indeed.com (COMMENT – People ARE finding jobs via this avenue!)
- The Virginia Engineer “Serving Virginia’s Engineering Community for Over 50 years!
Please let us know of your experiences with these or other references on this page! Your experience can help others.
Anyone who has a comment, advice or suggestions on this page, or who just think that all would be served by adding an entry, PLEASE WRITE to:
Steve Kemp, IEEE Richmond Section Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
There is NO CHARGE for this service! We want to help our members and employers connect, and through that, ADD VALUE for our members! And, you DO NOT have to be a member to use this page! It is open to all–but we want your comments, success or failure, employee and employer, so we can improve this offering for all! (A mechanical engineer, non-member, just landed a job through a listing on this site–and his feedback contributed to an improvement to this site!)
Network, Collaborate, Ask for a Job Fair!
We’re looking for an INDUSTRY RELATIONS Committee Chair (this is NOT Industrial Relations; but rather, INDUSTRY relations)!!! There is no better door for learning the employment opportunity landscape that by serving your fellow members in this capacity! Please consider volunteering for the OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME!
Revised 14-March-2017 © IEEE Richmond Section