This page is a service to our members, but it is viewable by anyone. If you’re looking for talent, please consider placing a notice here. And, if you’re talent looking for a situation, please explore the listings below. This page was assembled by volunteers, and your input will help improve it for others. Get involved–you never know who you are going to meet!
The BULLETIN BOARD – Push a button; find a job!
- IEEE Job Site – Commonwealth of Virginia
- IEEE Job Site – within 60 miles of Quantico
- IEEE Job Site – within 60 miles of Stafford
- IEEE Job Site – within 60 miles of Fredericksburg
- IEEE Job Site – within 60 miles of Richmond
- IEEE Job Site – within 60 miles of Petersburg
- IEEE Job Site – within 60 miles of Palmyra
- IEEE Job Site – within 60 miles of Farmville
- IEEE Job Site – within 60 miles of South Boston
Orion’s Belt might be a Great Waist of Space; but is NASA on your RADAR?
ECPI is looking for Electronics Engineering Professionals for Tech Faculty Positions
Aerotek is looking for a Software Engineer for one of their robotics clients.
Title: Software Engineer
Location: Richmond, VA area
Compensation: Salary (based upon experience) plus benefits
Job Description: Report to the Manager of Software of Engineering – Robotics or Chief Architect
Date Posted: August 31, 2018
- Support and advance the various software modules of product line
- Develop new software for advanced robotic functionality including navigation, path planning, collision avoidance, sensor fusion, inter-processor communication, and custom troubleshooting applications.
- Work with Test Engineers and Service personnel to support product testing and customer-support efforts
- Generate thorough written and graphic documentation for all design, development and testing
- Generate test plans for unit, integration, and regression testing
- Adhere to all regulatory compliance software safety standards
- Test code in products, both in the lab and in the field
- Skilled with open-source development tools (e.g., GCC) and libraries
- Debug software with hardware and software debuggers and electronic test equipment
- Manage source code using version control systems such as Subversion, git, CVS
- Track issues using bug tracking software
Contact Stephanie Wilson at email@example.com or 804-205-3957.
Or, do it yourself – Anywhere in the World!
- IEEE Job Site – The Right Candidate – Right Now!
- IEEE Job Site – Browse Jobs by Company, Expertise, Job Title & Country
And, don’t overlook these non-IEEE Resources for Virginia Engineers (if you’re not listed, please ASK)
- Aerotek (When you contact Aerotek, please ask for Joe Breithaupt or Stephanie Wilson, IEEE inquiries, and mention this listing.)
- Affinity Executive Search
- Career Prospectors & JAM via Meetup
- Indeed.com (COMMENT – People ARE finding jobs via this resource!)
- The Virginia Engineer “Serving Virginia’s Engineering Community for Over 50 years!”
Please let us know of your experiences with these or other references on this page! Your experience can help others.
Anyone who has a comment, advice or suggestions on this page, or who just think that all would be served by adding an entry, PLEASE WRITE to:
Steve Kemp, IEEE Richmond Section Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
There is NO CHARGE for this service! We want to help our members and employers connect, and through that, ADD VALUE for our members! And, you DO NOT have to be a member to use this page! It is open to all–but we want your comments, success or failure, employee and employer, so we can improve this offering for all! (A mechanical engineer, non-member, just landed a job through a listing on this site–and his feedback contributed to an improvement to this site!)
Network, Collaborate, Ask for a Job Fair!
We’re looking for an INDUSTRY RELATIONS Committee Chair (this is NOT Industrial Relations; but rather, INDUSTRY relations)!!! There is no better door for learning the employment opportunity landscape that by serving your fellow members in this capacity! Please consider volunteering for the OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME!
Revised 29-May-2018 © IEEE Richmond Section