Resources for Officers and Committee Volunteers (additional login required)
For Officers and Committee Volunteers (additional login may be required):
- IEEE Member and Geographic Activities Operations Manual (The MGA Operations Manual – See Section 9 – Geographic Organization Units for material relevant at the Section, Chapter, Affinity Group and Student Branch levels, among others.) If having trouble displaying .pdf files in Acrobat DC from Internet Explorer, try this.
- IEEE Bylaw I-300.4(4) Action of the Board of Directors and Committees (a/k/a “The email voting bylaw” and “Action by written consent of a board without a meeting”
- IEEE Volunteer Resources
- IEEE Member Discounts Program
- IEEE Membership Development (MD) Promotional Materials
- IEEE Member and Geographic Activities (MGA)
- IEEE Center for Leadership Excellence (CLE) (Under development, please use trap-door below to find training!)
- Please use ‘Trap Door’ as a work-around, until the new program is fully in place.
- IEEE CLE Presentation from Sections Congress 2014
- IEEE Student Branch Officer Responsibilities and Administration (from IEEE Website)
- IEEE Richmond website
- vTools – Various Tools for Officers and Volunteers (please backup and see ‘Tools for Officers’)
- vTools Training, Nov-2016
- vTools Training – Report Officer Changes
- WebEx web conferencing tool has been recently updated to the WebEx Meeting Center platform WBS29.11. Below is a summary of the changes that included in the new release. See notes.
- WebEx – Volunteer Remote Conferencing (IEEE page)
- WebEx – Schedule a WebEx meeting (available in vTools)
- IEEE Event & Meeting Reporting (See vTools above.)
- IEEE Officer Reporting (See vTools above.)
- Treasurer – Financial Reporting and NetSuite
- IEEE Treasury Services
- IEEE Concentration Banking (and CB Card) Program
- IEEE Financial Reporting – NetSuite
- Notes for a New Treasurer – Financial Reporting, Banking and Contacts for Assistance
- Geographical Unit Financial Management – Relationship with IEEE Business Processes – an overview
- End of Year Reporting (See links below)
- G4O (Google Drive for Organizational Units) – An IEEE Richmond Section File Repository for Members and Volunteers – Additional login required, please read FAQs – G4O for the particulars.
- IEEE Richmond Checklists (Cookbook Menus, Recipes, etc.)
- The intent behind these are to: (1) provide checklists for those items that occur rarely, for which the protocol is easily forgotten; and, (2) for those activities that are performed by different volunteers each time, volunteers may need guidance in order to fulfill a responsibility.
- These ‘menus’ are under development and are only as good as that which our officers and volunteers contribute to their improvement. If it’s complicated enough that you can’t remember from activity to activity, or if it’s distributed enough that a different volunteer needs to learn a process; then, please make an effort to add to the ‘Best Practices’ of our Checklists. Your contributions greatly cut the training time for new volunteers and permit your organization to move forward more quickly than we could if every time something is done, we have to learn it from scratch. These checklists aren’t written by experts for volunteers to follow; rather, they are written by volunteers who wish to leave some guidance behind for the next soul that assumes a responsibility; thus permitting them to move ahead in the organization and make it better for all.
- You may have noticed the revision date at the bottom of each page. Please help to improve this site by offering your gripes and suggestions so that we may have the opportunity to improve your membership experience. IEEE is a volunteer organization and it is important that our volunteers become engaged in the improvement process.
- EXPENSE REPORTS
- Annual Reporting (Chair & Treasurer and others as required)- Compliance Related Information (due by Jan 30 each year)
- Geographic Unit – Required Reporting
- Summary of Principals of Business Conduct
OFFICER DUTIES, TRAINING & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- WordPress – Section Website Support
- WordPress Training – IEEE WordPress Feeds
- WordPress Training – vTools meetings, officers and other units feeds for WordPress (see the Page under this label)
- Web-in-a-Box – Website editing (inactive since June 2015, now obsolete) – for WebMaster and authorized users (obsolete and not being actively maintained)
- IEEE Fluid Surveys (via vTools)
- Doodle – Doodle simplifies scheduling
- SAMIEEE – Member Database for Official Use Only (does not work well with MSIE)
- LISTSERV – List Management System
Records of the most visitors online at once:
Max visitors today: 0 at 12:20 am UTC
This month: 9 at 08-13-2017 01:58 pm UTC
This year: 11 at 01-08-2017 05:08 pm UTC
All time: 32 at 04-05-2016 10:47 pm UTC
Revised 14-August-2017 © IEEE Richmond Section