2017 STRATUS Workshop (+Registration)
October 19 @ 08:00 - October 20 @ 17:00
Co-sponsored by: Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society
The emergence of low-cost and easy-to-use Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS), commonly referred to as drones, has lead to an explosion of their use for numerous applications. In particular, these new platforms have enabled new imaging and earth remote sensing technologies and applications previously unavailable due to the high cost of manned aircraft or satellites. This workshop will bring together academics, industry representatives, and domain specialists to share perspectives on this rapidly evolving topic.
Abstract & Presentation (OR) Paper & Presentation Submission:
- The workshop will have a two-track submission process for program consideration. You can either submit an abstract (plus presentation) or a 4-page paper (plus presentation). See details below.
- The first track is for workshop participants who desire to share their work during the conference without submitting a full paper. This first track will require an abstract only for program consideration.
- The second track is for authors wishing to present a full paper to be published in the proceedings, which will be archived in IEEE Xplore. A four-page IEEE style paper is required and will undergo a full peer-review process for those wishing to seek this option.
- Program will include both oral and poster sessions, as well as breaks for networking, browsing exhibits and live demonstrations.
- Full paper submission deadline Monday, September 11, 2017
- Abstract-only submission deadline Friday, September 15, 2017
- Early (online) registration deadline Friday, October 6, 2017
- Notification of acceptance Friday, September 22, 2017
- Camera-ready paper due (for full paper option) Friday, October 6, 2017
TUTORIALS: (Thurs. Oct 19, 2017)
- Tutorial 1: 9am – 12pm, “Introduction to UAV Radiometry and Reflectance, Chris Durell of Labsphere, Inc.” ($20 includes lunch)
- Tutorial 2: 1pm – 4pm , “UAS Focused Photogrammetry / Mapping with Pix4D, Paul Spaur of Pix4D, Inc.” ($20 includes lunch)
Due to generous financial support from the IEEE GRSS, registration will be $50 early ($70 late) for the workshop participants. Use this form (below) to register.
There is no cost for students to attend. Note that student seating is limited. First-come, first-serve basis.
If you are interested in a certain tutorial(s), please let us know by filling out the “Special Requests” box (on the registration page) with “I am interested in the tutorial on XX“. NOTE. Paid registrants have priority over non-paid registrants. If there are seats available 1-day before the tutorial, interested students will be contacted (to optionally fill those seats) in the order they registered for the workshop.
THURSDAY: 1 morning tutorial, 1 afternoon tutorial
FRIDAY: 8-5pm. Paper presentations (approx 20 min), plenary speakers (approx 30 min), posters, sponsor exhibits, lunch.
Bldg: Louise Slaughter Hall
Rochester, New York