- This event has passed.
2019 STRATUS Workshop (+Registration)
February 25 @ 08:00 - February 27 @ 17:00
The emergence of low-cost and easy-to-use Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS), commonly referred to as drones, has lead to an explosion of their use for numerous applications. In particular, these new platforms have enabled new imaging and earth remote sensing technologies and applications previously unavailable due to the high cost of manned aircraft or satellites. This workshop will bring together academics, industry representatives, and domain specialists to share perspectives on this rapidly evolving topic.
Since its inception in 2016, STRATUS went from a one-day, to two-day, and now a three-day event. We have expanded the workshops reach to include entities from all over Western New York. STRATUS 2019 is now a collaborative effort including some of the region’s top universities. The general organizing committee is made up of members from:
- University at Buffalo
- Cornell University
- SUNY Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF)
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges
Abstract & Presentation (OR) Paper & Presentation Submission:
- The workshop will have a two-track submission process for program consideration. You can either submit an abstract (plus presentation) or a 4-page paper (plus presentation). See details below.
- The first track is for workshop participants who desire to share their work during the conference without submitting a full paper. This first track will require an abstract only for program consideration.
- The second track is for authors wishing to present a full paper to be published in the proceedings, which will be archived in IEEE Xplore. A four-page IEEE style paper is required and will undergo a full peer-review process for those wishing to seek this option.
- Program will include both oral and poster sessions, as well as breaks for networking, browsing exhibits and live demonstrations.
- Full paper submission deadline January 14, 2019
- Abstract-only submission deadline January 9, 2019
- Notification of acceptance January 28, 2019
- Early (online) registration deadline February 11, 2019
- Camera-ready paper due (for full paper option) February 11, 2019
TUTORIALS: (Monday, Feb 25, 2019)
- Tutorial 1: 8am – 10:30pm, “Introduction to UAV Radiometry and Reflectance, Chris Durell of Labsphere, Inc.” (Early $100, Late $150 includes lunch)
- Tutorial 2: 11am – 1:30pm, “UAS Focused Photogrammetry / Mapping with Pix4D, Angad Singh of Pix4D, Inc.” (Early $100, Late $150 includes lunch)
- Tutorail 3: 2:30pm – 5pm, “Creating automated processing workflows for multi-band UAS data using the Algorithm Toolkit, BeamIO” (Early $100, Late $150 includes lunch)
- LUNCH 1:30pm – 2:30pm
Due to generous financial support from the IEEE GRS Society, Headwall Photonics, Harris Corporation, BeamIO, and EagleHawk, registration will be:
- $150 (Eary registration until February 11)
- $200 (Late registration after February 11)
- Student Registration will start at $50 (see payment options on actual registration menu). Please state your major and university in the “Special Requests” field on the registration page.
- Registration cost covers food and beverage for 3 days (i.e., breakfast, lunch, coffee breaks, food / drink at social gathering) as well as printed programs and swag.
Use this form (below) to register.
PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH TUTORIAL YOU ARE INTERESTED IN USING THE “Special Request” Field
Speaker(s): Sally Rockey, Ph.D. , Steven J. Thomson
Bldg: Louise Slaughter Hall
Rochester Institute of Technology
Rochester, New York