TWO $1,500 Scholarships are annually awarded to undergraduates!
Applications are due on January 15th, 2016
- The applicant must be an IEEE member in good standing. Preference will be given to those involved involved in undergraduate IEEE student groups. Not a member? Join today and become eligible! Student dues are only $32/year!
- The applicant must have completed two years/or achieved Junior standing within an ABET-accredited engineering, engineering technology, science or technology program.
- The applicant must have an overall grade point average of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or equivalent) or better.
- The applicant must plan to continue engineering, engineering technology, science or technology studies in an undergraduate ABET accredited program in September following presentation of the award.
- The applicant does not have to attend school within the Rochester IEEE Section! The applicant must be a resident of Monroe, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans, Wayne, or Wyoming Counties of New York or enrolled in an ABET-accredited engineering, engineering technology, science or technology curriculum in a college in those counties. The Rochester IEEE Section highly encourages applicants from Corning and Alfred sub-chapters.
- The applicant may not be a previous recipient of this scholarship.
- The applicant may not be related to anyone on the Rochester IEEE Executive Committee, or to anyone on the Scholarship Review Committee.
The applicant is responsible for ensuring that all the necessary data are submitted by the deadline through the web-based application. Incomplete applications, or missing letters of support will result in immediate disqualification from judging, with no further follow-up. The applicant should notify those persons supplying reference letters that timely response is critical. References will be contacted upon completing the application and will be provided with a link for submitting a letter of reference.
Rochester IEEE Section Scholarship rules and requirements:
- The essays and application materials become the property of the Rochester IEEE Section.
- All judging decisions are final.
- The Rochester IEEE Section retains the right to make program changes at any time.
- Winner name and essay will be released to the public and news media for promotional purposes. The contents of academic transcripts will remain confidential with the exception of the earned GPA of the applicant.
- Application must be completed for consideration.
- Recipient of this scholarship must be willing to attend the Rochester IEEE Section Joint Chapter Meeting and the RES GALA Event in the spring. The costs of attending these meetings will be covered by the Rochester IEEE Section.
- Parent(s) or legal guardians to recipient are allowed to attend.