2018 IEEE REGION 1 ANNUAL STUDENT CONFERENCE ON MARCH 23-25TH – NYIT (OLD WESTBURY)
The IEEE Region 1 Student Conference is the premier annual event where all student branches from the eight states of IEEE Region 1 (Northeastern US) meet to discuss mutual challenges and compete in regional competitions. The conference objective is to encourage lively student engagement and provide opportunities for students to network and learn from other students from across Region 1, while applying practical engineering knowledge in the various competitions. It also provides a great opportunity for student members to network with Industry Professionals and IEEE Leaders.
Start time: 23 March 2018 12:00 PM
End time: 25 March 2018 12:00 PM
New York Institute of Technology (Old Westbury)
Northern Boulevard at Valentines Lane, Old Westbury, New York
More information coming soon……..
- Undergraduate Student Paper Contest — Click here to submit a paper online.
- MicroMouse Workshop for Newbies and Pros: Sunday, March 25, 2018 (9:00am to 1:00pm). To register: email Soon Wan.
- Regional MicroMouse Competition: Saturday, March 24, 2018. To register: Team leader, email Soon Wan with team member names, IEEE membership#, school, and micromouse name.
- Student Ethics Competition — Team leader, please email Bruce Hecht with team member names, and IEEE membership#. Team also can sign up for the competition on site.
- T-shirt Design Contest — A student branch representative can check in the T-Shirt on-site.
- iTryRobotic Workshop: For 3rd to 7th grade children Saturday, March 24, 2018 (3:00pm to 4:30pm). To register: Email Soon Wan.
- Award Ceremony and Dinner
- Networking Opportunities
- Meet IEEE Leaders and Industry Professionals
NEW in 2018:
Hackathon: Friday-Saturday, March 23-24, 2018 (Friday 6:00pm to Saturday 12:00noon) To register: Email Roshan Mary Varghese. Space is limited.
Drones Workshop: Sunday, March 25, 2018 (9:00am to 1:00pm) To register: Email Vince Socci. Limited to first 40 signing up.
Hotel Registration Deadline: February 16, 2018
Conference Registration Deadline: February 31, 2018
Hotel Accommodations: Hilton Garden Inn Roslyn
3 Harbor Park Drive, Port Washington NY 11050
Hotel accommodations will be provided (via a rooming list – do NOT book directly with the hotel) on a first come first serve basis for those traveling more than 100 miles each way. Teams will be required to share a room (4 students per room). Hotel accommodations will not be provided for local participants but meals will be provided during the conference. Those non-students wanting a room should email Dr. Rubenstein to obtain one within our block at $140/night, taxes included.
2018 Region Drones Workshop is proudly sponsored by IEEE Foundation
Fee will include all meals, breaks and the Award Ceremony and Dinner at the conference.
Early Bird Register by March 18, 2018 (IEEE Member = $60 Non-Member = $100)
Late and On-Site Registration => (IEEE Member = $75 Non-Member = $120)
Charles Rubenstein, Region 1 Student Activities Coordinator (email@example.com) Soon Wan, Micromouse Competition Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) Ali Abedi (email@example.com) & Jason Hui (firstname.lastname@example.org), Student Paper Contest Co-Chairs Bruce Hecht, Ethics Competition Chair (email@example.com)
Co-sponsored by IEEE Region 1 and IEEE Long Island Section
Please find enclosed the monthly Newsletter for the Rochester IEEE Section for January 2018.
Please find enclosed the monthly Newsletter for the Rochester IEEE Section for December 2017.
Please find enclosed the monthly Newsletter for the Rochester IEEE Section for November 2017.